Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 360 & PS3 controller support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do new reversions offer support for 360 or PS3 controllers? If so how do you connect it to the emulator? I was also told yesterday that dolphin on the itouch or iPhone was a stupid question well, apparently someone had run a wii emulation on an old version of the itouch a few years ago and with the technology today, it seems very possible to achieve this so why not?
dolphin has never been run on a crapple gaypad touch.

and.....

oh fuck it, the fact you're asking such stupid questions (which a third grader could find the answer too), pretty much indicates even with proper directive you won't get it working.
(03-12-2011, 01:43 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]dolphin has never been run on a crapple gaypad touch.

and.....

oh fuck it, the fact you're asking such stupid questions (which a third grader could find the answer too), pretty much indicates even with proper directive you won't get it working.

Wii has been run on it and that is what matters. You know for a member of this forum you guys are the least of the helpful and I'm sure there are people around that know how to achieve this development, if you don't want to answer my question you best refrain from posting your ignorant comments. The only reason my question seems stupid is because none of you can answer it, obviously in time more emulators will be capable to be run on a mobile device. Essentially there is no such thing as a stupid question, also if you can't answer the question about the controller and you want to be ignorant about it go ahead and establish that label I'm sure an individual of higher perception can answer it and if not then I'll simply find the answer and save your impetuous straining. Sound good?
1a. the 360 controller is usable like every controller who is recognized by your OS..1

2a. Dolphin is running with a 3.6ghz++ i7 stable at 100%...
2b. Dolphin is running with a 2.0ghz duo-core stable at 50-60%...
2c. so you think your crappy mp3 player could beat a 400Watt consumption rig?

3. don fight with users who are already pissed off by stupid question made every 10s
(03-12-2011, 08:37 AM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]1. the 360 controller is usable like every controller who is recognized by your OS..

2a. Dolphin is running with a 3.6ghz++ i7 stable at 100%...
2b. Dolphin is running with a 2.0ghz duo-core stable at 50-60%...
2c. so you think your crappy mp3 player could beat a 400Watt consumption rig?

Yeah. Can you teach me how to set it up I plugged on my 360 controller and was trying to get it to work with the r7282 but it says it doesn't detect controller.

No, obviously not but in the future emulating the wii on a mobile device is inevitable as some crackhead has already emulated the wii Mario Cart on the itouch
in 2008...

And well, if someone is pissed off it's their fault for not taking a chill pill honestly this support forum was created for a reason if the question was so stupid you could atleast say no or tell em to google it instead of making a big deal out of it.
wait 4-5years
and play wiigames on wii portable

try to setup your controller in the wii-mote plugin (gc-plugin is for gamecube games)
search for one of the 1000 controller problems thread
Quote:The only reason my question seems stupid is because none of you can answer it, obviously in time more emulators will be capable to be run on a mobile device.
... if i could ban..
just play with itouch and some remote connection to your rig... if you wish

and iam using a dish in my dish... because i love dishes
Hmm well what version are you using because there's not even a plugin folder when I downloaded the r7282 dolphin.
there isn't suppsoed to be.
Quote:Wii has been run on it and that is what matters.

Um no..

Dolphin is the only Wii emulator, and the only actively developed Gamecube emulator. Other Gamecube emulators haven't seen active development in years (except Gekko) and can barely run homebrew and boot a few commercial titles if even that. There is no port of Dolphin other than to other operating systems such as Linux/MacOS, a PS3 port is apparently being worked on but there hasn't been any further news. What you saw was an elaborate fake/hoax most likely on Youtube or somewhere else. Dolphin had just gone open source in July of 2008 so there is no way.

Dolphin on iPod/iTouch/iPhone is stupid because there are powerful systems, much more powerful than the iTouch/iPad/iPhone that struggle to emulate the Gamecube/Wii. Hell my Core i7 950 @ 4 Ghz with 6 GB of Ram and two Geforce GTX 460's struggle with some games on Dolphin.

There are no plugins or plugin folder in the latest revisions, plugins have been merged with the core and are no longer plugins. As far as I know Xbox 360 and PS3 pads do work with Dolphin, I use my Xbox 360 pad with Dolphin without issues.
Alright so I have to go to the wiimote thing and then configure my 360 controller? I don't needa download any extra crap do I?
Pages: 1 2