Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: changing versions/savestate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have been using the 3089 build, now i moved on to 3286 but i can't load my save.. is there a way to load the savestate from one version to another.. if it helps, the game i am playing is tales of symphonia.

LuisR14

maybe with the change of version came the change of save folder Tongue, go to "User/Wii/title/00010000/" and copy all the stuff there to "User/Wii/title/00010004" Smile
I think Tales of Symphonia is GC game, not Wii (except he/she means Dawn of the New World).
For Savestates, go to User/StateSaves and copy them from there. (you need to find out the gameid, list the game on Dolphin using Browse and right click it, after that choose Properties and go to Info tab and get the gameid).

LuisR14

hmm yea i didn't think of GC games Tongue
uhn i think i've expressed in the wrong way. the saves i am trying to load are the in-game saves.. not the ones the emulator uses..
now i have other question, so far i've been playing only tales of symphonia(GC) but now i started to play baten kaitos and in the begging it asks for me to format the memory card and by doing this losing all the data.. so what i do?
That's more simple, just copy the memorycard.raw (USA or EUR, depends on your game version)

You need to copy the memorycard.raw everytime you change SVN, or just point them to there on Dolphin configuration Gamecube tab.
ok. it worked for the diferent revision, but what about the other question? when i change games? do i have to format the memory card and lose
the file from the previous game?
The memory card needs formatted once, if you copy it from the old one, then the game shouldn't ask you to format it again.
If it ask you to format, then check the version of the game, if it is PAL, then you need memorycardA.EUR.raw. If it is NTSC, it is memorycardA.USA.raw.

So if Tales of Symphonia is NTSC version and Baten kaitos is PAL version, you might need to format it since it is your first time use, right?
uhnn.. perfect. it worked wonders. thanks