Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help me out please, Resident Evil Zero GC = too slow :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys, i hope you can help me run this game smooth ... Confused

I just did everything what the tutorial for GameCube'sRE 0 said, but when i start the game, the graphics are amazing and stuff, but its extremly slow, Rebecca needs like 5 seconds to make a turnaround, and thats not normal.

My PC:
Windows 7
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5000+
2.60Ghz
4,00Corsair Ram
System is 32bit, but i run the 32bit Dolphin
Radeon HD 4850 i think
Samsung Syncmaster BX2235 22" full HD

Can you guys help me out, or tell me what to do? I tried everything i saw in other topics, but nothing helped. Maybe you guys know a tipp...

thats how its look like:
[Image: re0z.jpg]

Oh, and my 2nd question is, which emulator will run smoother on my PC, the wii or the GC, btw which will run smooth at all ^^

Thank you!
now i changed my system to 64bit, i will check how it works.... but still, any tipps from anyone please? Smile
upgrade your cpu
but why does super mario bros for wii runs perfectly then? maybe its because i changed to 64bit system now..?
because Super Mario Bros. runs a hardcore Crysis2 Engine...

All Games have different emulation requirements to the hardware
it depends how heavy the emulations tasks are
some games are easy to emulate some not

and dont try to play with this cpu the games in full hd...
try at first 480p then 720p
is my cpu really that bad? i mean he is old but hmm.. Big Grin which one should i get instead of this?
tried RE 0 again and still low fps ... dang!
720p and 1080p dont lagg in super mario, i have like 60 frames, but in RE 640x480 lags with 17 frames...

miscast

Well,with my humble C2D 6400 I get 22-24FPS which drop on a few occasions.I sacrifice quite a few effects to get this result but my point is that you can run it quite smoothly if you follow the same route and/or do some overclocking.

Keep in mind that Zero i a rather demanding game though,and the two chars teaming up isn'y exactly helping matters (from emulation's perspective).
if i would buy me an amd athlon 64 x2 6400+ black edition, would it run great then? this is the best AM2 CPU i guess..
post your config screens
graphic
general
audi
[Image: 40025845.jpg]

[Image: 46665555.jpg]

[Image: 13484774.jpg]

[Image: 44645819.jpg]

this. i think with a new CPU it would be good, mh?
Pages: 1 2