Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Monkey Ball 2 music/sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Super Monkey Ball 2 runs at full speed with no problems for me except the sound.

There's no music, and occasional sound effects appear to be missing (although most SFX are fine).

A search here couldn't find what the best sound settings would be. Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks in advance!!
The music worked back in the 3000s or something I think. I wonder what broke it.
(03-09-2011, 11:21 AM)regnad Wrote: [ -> ]Super Monkey Ball 2 runs at full speed with no problems for me except the sound.

There's no music, and occasional sound effects appear to be missing (although most SFX are fine).

A search here couldn't find what the best sound settings would be. Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks in advance!!

Did you try LLE? Xaudio2 and Dsound?
(03-10-2011, 05:59 AM)ryancollins Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2011, 11:21 AM)regnad Wrote: [ -> ]Super Monkey Ball 2 runs at full speed with no problems for me except the sound.

Thanks in advance!!

Did you try LLE? Xaudio2 and Dsound?

Yeah, I tried Xaudio and Dsound. Didn't make a difference.

If by LLE you mean DSP LLE interpreter and recompiler, those two settings cause the emulation to freeze within the first couple of seconds.
(03-10-2011, 07:55 AM)regnad Wrote: [ -> ]If by LLE you mean DSP LLE interpreter and recompiler, those two settings cause the emulation to freeze within the first couple of seconds.

Yeah thats what I mentTongue
(03-10-2011, 02:35 AM)ector Wrote: [ -> ]The music worked back in the 3000s or something I think. I wonder what broke it.

I believe this issue started (randomly) happening since some of Ayuanx's audio changes in r4710/r4711 and later, or at least that's what I wrote in issue 2998.

However, since I tested EmuCR's build of r4708, it is possible that it might've started earlier...