Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker black screen after cutscene
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to play this on Dolphin, after the very first cutscene nothing happens, it's just a black screen. Anyone know what I have to do or what settings I have to put Dolphin? I'm using a PAL version of this ISO.
help me please!
Specs and settings please!Tongue
(03-11-2011, 09:44 AM)ryancollins Wrote: [ -> ]Specs and settings please!Tongue
Ive got the same problem. Please help me too XD! Btw it does sometimes work. You should save before going into the cut-scene and try again and again till it works. Still, saving isn't the perfect solution. I had to redo the 1st dungeon like island 3 times now, because when you save and begin from save-point, you start at the beginning of the dungeon. This really sucks. Neither does real-time save work. It really sucks
Yup ive noticed this as a major issue too recently. Cutscene sound jumps about then the end of the cutscene freezes or next load point freezes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9iUSoPOuU4
If you skip to the cutscenes in this video you can hear the sound issues.
After each cutscene the game did crash when loading into a new area, e.g. opening a door.
yup so any help pl0x
(03-09-2011, 02:41 AM)newbez Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to play this on Dolphin, after the very first cutscene nothing happens, it's just a black screen. Anyone know what I have to do or what settings I have to put Dolphin? I'm using a PAL version of this ISO.
What you mean with first cutscene?
The pre rendered intro or the first ingame cutscene?
I tested the full first island so far without any problems.
Running Dolphin r7329 64 bit, with these settings.
Fog is on, Resolution is 1360 x 768, V-Sync is on, using Direct3D11, Audio Throttle is off, using DSound and FPS limit is set to Auto.
I am running the PAL version of this game too.
Okay cheers, will try domi
Finished a quarter of the game now. Did have some bugs with cutscenes. Make sure you save state before cutscenes. Also make sure you don't save state while pausing, because then when you continue, the game goes black again. Still very playable.