Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: beep on key pressed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all,

when i press a key on the keyboard, using emulated wiimote, i ear a beep, can anyone help please?

thanks.
anyone please?
I have this problem too

Kalif0rnia

Same for me.
It seems with the new (an unfortunately only) game pad plugin for Dolphin doesn't focus correctly with some machines. The DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse, beeps/dings while setting up the pad outside and in the game, but the buttons do work in the game but it dings with every push of the button. Not only that, but all hotkeys do not work and they just beep. You have to exit the game via Task Manager.

I've tried numerous revisions with the Dinput/0/Keyboard (newGCpad) and they all do the same thing. any thoughts about a work around or fix (besides going to a much older revision)

Try lowering Windows volume.

Kalif0rnia

that just masks the problem, plus the hotkeys don't work, which means you can't exit the game.
There is a reason why the plugin is causing the key bindings to not focus on the Emulator. . .I just don't know it, going to keep trying.
besides the beeps, in some games, it also causes screen flashes and slowdown.

so, i guess there's something wrong here.

Kalif0rnia

The flashes and slowdowns might be due to your graphically settings, double check that because the beeping issue doesn't seem to be related to any graphic problems (I only say this because I've been reading about a lot of these keyboard problems from different users and no one has mentioned any flashes or slowdowns, just that stupid beeping and hotkeys lockout

Kalif0rnia

everybody with the keyboard problem please post your specs so we might find a common link between all of us. cause it seems that its a problem for a enough users that its worth looking into and fixing. But at the same time, its happening to such a small percentile of users that people aren't seeming to care much about it.

Dinner Sonic

I've been having this problem the last day or so trying to fool about with Dolphin lately too, on three computers. The specs for mine are...

Processor: AMD Athlon™ II X4 645 Processor 3.10 GHz
4.00 GB Ram(3.75 GB usable)
Display: AMD 760G (pretty sure it means I don't even HAVE a graphics card)
Dolphin Build: r7318(Windows 64-bit version)

The others I believe are similar in power, the main similarity being Windows 7 64-Bit Premium. A quick test shows it happens in the 32-bit build too.
Pages: 1 2 3