Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 7294 problem (vista 64)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

From the 7294 update on to the latest, I get an error running the x64 version.

The error I get is :

Dolphin.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point TryAcquireSRWLockExclusive could not be located in the dynamic link library Kernel32.dll

I expect it has something to do with this:

Replaced Common::CriticalSection with a std::mutex implementation

I can run 7293 with no problems.
Any suggestions, ideas?
Use the latest revision. :/
I have problems in the new revisions,the mode JIT crashes after two minutes to play any game,ONLY works fine in the mode JITIL. Use a W7 x64,tested in same config.
But, the emulator stops without error,and have activated the "use panic errors."
thanks.
(03-08-2011, 05:10 AM)Willysonicteam Wrote: [ -> ]I have problems in the new revisions,the mode JIT crashes after two minutes to play any game,ONLY works fine in the mode JITIL. Use a W7 x64,tested in same config.
thanks.

(above) I have tried the newest revision. No dice. Same problem.

(immediate)
Windows 7 is the answer? Really? That's poop. The update says it should work with vista. I'm sure people with vista are not having this problem. I totally don't want to upgrade to windows 7 as it's the same damned OS as vista, but with patches. If that is the case, I'll just stick with revision 7293. It plays most of the games I want pretty well anywhoo.
Be sure you are actually using r7313 or later. That should solve the problem with Vista x64.

Quote:I totally don't want to upgrade to windows 7 as it's the same damned OS as vista

Yeah, about that.. That is not true at all, I guess if that were true it would make Vista the same as XP and XP the same as 2000/Me/98 and so on. No one said you had to upgrade to Windows 7 anyways, if you are using r7313 or newer, I guess Billiard will need to look into it and figure out what the issue is.
Unless Revision 7313 is newer than the latest, newest build, then yes. I've used that. I don't know why people won't believe me on the subject?
And as for vista/windows 7, I'm not going to argue this point, but I will refer you to Windows ME. People don't like to patch up their buggy OS = do it for them under a new name.
So, which revision are you using that still has the issue?