Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How will Dolphin run on this system?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

riahc3

Hey

Glad to join the forums and here is hoping to recieving (and in the future giving) help.

I think a basic question that everyone has asked once in their lifetime: How will Dolphin run on this (my) system? I read thru the performance guide (pretty standard things), applied them but framerate is choppy and so is audio...

Core 2 Duo E6400
ATi Radeon x1600 PRO
Windows 7 SP1
Audigy 2 ZS
2GB
r7311
(Game that gives these results) Super Smash Bros Brawl

Any more information? Thanks for any help
(03-07-2011, 04:36 AM)riahc3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey

Glad to join the forums and here is hoping to recieving (and in the future giving) help.

I think a basic question that everyone has asked once in their lifetime: How will Dolphin run on this (my) system? I read thru the performance guide (pretty standard things), applied them but framerate is choppy and so is audio...

Core 2 Duo E6400
ATi Radeon x1600 PRO
Windows 7 SP1
Audigy 2 ZS
2GB
r7311

Your processor is way too slow, its 2.1GHz, you need to be at least 3.0 preferably 3.5 or higher. You can try to overclock this if you have a board capable of it. It appears you can hit 3.0 @ stock cooling, higher with another cooler.

Ati 1600 is very old as well, you will need an upgrade. Look for one that has DirectX 11 support if buying new.

Your ram is probably older/slower and 2GB is right on the edge of having enough. You could probably use a few more GB and prob faster ram.

Your main bottlenecks are your processor speed and video card. You can try to overclock your processor, but you will need an upgrade for your video card. Really I recommend an upgrade all around (processor, motherboard, ram, and video card) if you are going to run emulators but you might be able to get away with overclocking and adding a new video card for some games.

riahc3

(03-07-2011, 04:51 PM)remedy2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-07-2011, 04:36 AM)riahc3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey

Core 2 Duo E6400
ATi Radeon x1600 PRO
Windows 7 SP1
Audigy 2 ZS
2GB
r7311

Your processor is way too slow, its 2.1GHz, you need to be at least 3.0 preferably 3.5 or higher. You can try to overclock this if you have a board capable of it. It appears you can hit 3.0 @ stock cooling, higher with another cooler.

Ati 1600 is very old as well, you will need an upgrade. Look for one that has DirectX 11 support if buying new.

Your ram is probably older/slower and 2GB is right on the edge of having enough. You could probably use a few more GB and prob faster ram.

Your main bottlenecks are your processor speed and video card. You can try to overclock your processor, but you will need an upgrade for your video card. Really I recommend an upgrade all around (processor, motherboard, ram, and video card) if you are going to run emulators but you might be able to get away with overclocking and adding a new video card for some games.

What a shame Sad

Thanks for the reply