Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Update from r7128 to r7306.. can no longer run any games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using all the same old settings on the same games, but none of the games run at all, or run terribly if I can get them working. Brawl freezes 90% of the time on startup, the other 10% I get maybe 10-20fps. Windwaker almost makes it to the menu screen before it freezes. And my other games fair no better.

I can open any of those games on the old version (r7128) and they perfectly fine. I can only assume I screwed something up during the update process, because a new version should have less problems, right?
I think R7128 is by far the best I've tried, I never delete it, games like sonic colors and trauma center run awesome( and full speed) but some games like mario galaxy 1/2 need 72XX ( r7283 are much better than r7128, in these ) sooo is unfortunate that not all games work well in the latest svn Sad
Whoa whoa, so new versions of Dolphin are not necessarily upgrades? I'm sort of new to all this. I just assumed that 7306 would be better than 7128 in all ways.

Thats a shame though. This upgrade seems to have fixed a lot of minor visual glitches in Brawl like the block beam sword and people's names actually showing up... but even optimizing the hell out of it I could only manage like 30-50 fps, just barely not playable. Which makes no goddamn sense to me, my rig should be absolutely destroying a game like brawl.
In new build you have to find the best config for each game, most works in this way (in other like trauma center i can't find one, just crash, but I found the most of my list ). For brawl surely there is a configuration to play at full speed in r73XX.
honestly I have noticed great improvements from r7128->r7308.

Update: trauma center fixed on r7308 and sonic now are full speed! yay!Big Grin now i can say that the last revision is the best in every way.
Hm, what do you find is the fastest, cleanest way to update dolphin? I get tired of unzipping and copying my settings and saves and such over.
-unzip
-copy just \wii\ of previous revision on \user\ folder
-configure the same options of the previous revision
-see improvements or issues on games

if issues, change options on video.
(03-06-2011, 06:52 PM)Memories Wrote: [ -> ]-unzip
-copy just \wii\ of previous revision on \user\ folder
-configure the same options of the previous revision
-see improvements or issues on games

if issues, change options on video.

Yep, that is... exactly what I was hoping to avoid doing for every release Tongue

-DarkAceZ-

I just noticed in 7276 that disabling the audio throttle does nothing.
Alright, just an update, all my stuff is working fine up to r7304 but r7305 and r7306 break it all, games freeze on startup. So I guess I keep using 7304 and we call the issue closed?