Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Tales of Symphonia Low battle FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just download the Dolphin emulator (meaning im still a noobie). Game is tales of symphonia. I have tried it with the 3286 rev. (it's the latest right now if im not mistaken). I can boot the game normally. Everything seems to be working normally excepts some minor slowdowns and minor textures buggs here and there. The really big problem is my framerate during battles. It drops to 30/35. Normal speed should be around 50/60 right?. I have also tried one of the earlier rev. (2100+ i think it was 2165 or something like that). But the fps during battles were also slow(the only thing it solved was the missing letter on menus etc.) So...what can i do to boost my FPS to an enjoyable gameplay during battles?. What options should i enable and disable. What rev. is better for this game?. I have read that enabling "dual core" option will boost FPS but it really doesn't...(i got a 4 core) and i even got more slowdowns...eg: during menu and options i get 2fps. Yes TWO FRAMES PER SECOND! xD Rest of the game is more or less the same thing as not enabling it....

Here's my rig:
ATI HD 3850
Intel 2 Quad Q9550 2,83Ghz
4GB RAM
Windows Vista 32

So any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: During battles FPS drop to 20/25 (not 30/35 as i said before, because that would be normal i think =P)
Having 50-60fps is normal for cities/dungeons,for battles I always have 30-35fps,around 40-45fps on the field and 45-55fps on the menu.I don't understand why you got those 2fps on the menu,yours should work a lot faster than mine 'cause you have much more RAM(I have 1GB).Also I think I've heard that the emu doesn't behave well with the Quad Cores(I have a Dual),but I could be wrong.The missing letter on menus,best know as the ``Sopa de Letras´´ bug, can be solved by enabling the ``Use Safe Texture Cache´´ on the advanced Gfx options(it solves other minor graphic bugs too),but be carefull,having this option enabled can cause crashes on some places.

PD:Forgive my bad englishBig Grin.
but those 30/35 fps during battles aren't "SLOW AS HELL"?. Here's what i mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U01DdBdFepU .
This video is not mine, but im getting similar battle speeds as this guy(well, a little faster but not much). It just feels too slow. I heard some people can play this game at "full speed". So i want to now how you do that. Is it my rig problem?. Hope not =P.
Just make sure you don't run other heavy or background programs when playing Dolphin, such as opening web browser or copying files.

Make sure everything is checked except Enable Cheat at the Basic setting and Advanced setting on Dolphin configuration.

At the OpenGL config, try check auto scale (try to remove boulder) option only at General tab and check use safe texture cache with radio button on Copy EFB to GL texture (hack) on Advanced tab. (Speed focused)

If you want speed boost, try uncheck Enable Throttle at DSP-HLE plugin.
wel..the "safe texture chace" did solve the "sopa de letras" problem...but my speed ingame keeps the same. If i disable throttle at DSP HLE half the game will NOT have sound (but speeds get highter than normal eg: 60+ fps). Still this is not a very "enjoyable" experience. I'll try to changing some more options and trying other svn. If nothing work...i'll just have to wait for new releases...x)

PS: im still having those lame 2FPS on customize menu...

[Image: semttuloaty.jpg]
[Image: sshot4z.th.jpg]

Tried null sound and disable dual core.
try use native resolution, and close up other programs like Mozilla or IE.