Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Won't recognize WiiMote?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
God, where to start...

Well, about a year or two ago, I was all over Dolphin. I used it a lot, just because it was fun seeing a Wii game on my computer!

Anyways, I eventually grew out of it and moved on to using the PS3 controller as the mouse and keyboard using MotioninJoy. If you're not familiar with that, google it.

Flash forward to a few hours ago. I decided I wanted to try it again, since I still have my old Wii disks, and the ISO files that I got from them that I put on my computer. Don't ask how I made the disk into an ISO file on my computer.

I downloaded the latest revision of Dolphin and grabbed my Wii controller. I still remembered how to connect the WiiMote with my computer.

Now, keep in mind this: For some reason, my Bluetooth icon will not show up in the taskbar. There's also almost no mention of bluetooth in my control panel. Also, I'm using Windows 7.

So here's how I do my connections. I go to Devices and Printers from the control panel, then clicked on Add Device. I pressed 1 and 2 at the same time, and... it didn't show up. I tried again. Didn't work. I went into RegEdit and put in a new Bluetooth Services .reg file in where it should be. Still didn't work. I opened up Services.msc and made it so that the Bluetooth Services was activated. Still didn't goddamn work!

I restarted my computer to no end, until I got an idea. I'm using a Mac, but I use Windows through Boot Camp. So I restart into Mac and go to system preferences, where I try and connect the WiiMote through Bluetooth to my Mac. It recognizes it, but this time it asks for a passkey. I just select, "Generate PassKey" because I didn't exactly know what to do. It then proceeds to give me a PassKey, and tells me to enter into my device. Well, how am I supposed to do that with a WiiMote?!? I choose "Use blank passkey," but it still keeps saying the WiiMote refuses the connection.

I went on the internet and found DarwiinRemote, which advertises itself as a free application for Mac that can let you use your WiiMote as the mouse. Out of curiosity, I tried it out, and guess what. It found the WiiMote, and I was actually able to move my mouse with it! It wasn't exactly smooth, but it at least acknowledged the fact that I connected the WiiMote!

I restarted back to Windows and tried again. It didn't work. I tried using my PS3 controller as my mouse again through Bluetooth, and somehow, it worked.

I really don't know what to think. It seems like Windows is refusing to connect with the WiiMote! What the hell's going on? I find it funny that the hardest part of doing all this is connecting the WiiMote to the computer, even though it was so easy in the past. So... can anyone tell me how to fix this?
You have to uninstall Motioninjoy and then reinstall the Bluetooth Driver
I guess I'll try uninstalling MotioninJoy, but I'm not sure how to reinstall the Bluetooth Driver, seeing as how Bluetooth isn't mentioned anywhere in control panel.
Well, I uninstalled MotioninJoy along with all devices and drivers related to Bluetooth, but it still isn't working. Any ideas?
Nevermind, I restarted my computer and it automatically reinstalled the bluetooth drivers. It works now.