Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game saves on memory card not available after ISO compression
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Everything which is generated by you is handily contained in the User folder. So just lug that around Smile

Well, everything except sd.raw at the moment, which is in the main dolphin directory - we should probably find a good place for that sometime :p

mofukr

(05-27-2009, 08:55 AM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]Everything which is generated by you is handily contained in the User folder. So just lug that around Smile

Well, everything except sd.raw at the moment, which is in the main dolphin directory - we should probably find a good place for that sometime :p

No problem moving that stuff but I sometimes have different configs, etc for different instances. Is there a specific file(s) that this info is in?

Also, any comment on the rest of my previous post?? [see below]

Thanks

How do I make it so that rearranging the directories is possible without losing my saved game data (breaking it again). Huh

Thanks! Hopefully this will save others some trouble.... unless I'm the only dope that has done this. Smile

P.S. Maybe there is an easy way to make dolphin recognize the same game has moved and prompt for the action to move the associated paths within the user data or not (if you are intentionally duplicating it i.e. testing, etc.)
I'm sure there are plenty of things on the dev plate but could be a simple fix/add that would make life easier. Let me know if you think it's possible and/or worthwhile.

P.S.S. I also noticed that while it's possible to see what directory the file is located in by right-clicking the game listing and opening the location, the location is not indicated in any of the Properties tabs. This is most likely not a huge problem most of the time but when I duplicated the same Game Title but pointed to a new location, there is no easy way to tell which is which unless you right-click and open the directory location in Explorer.
Again, not sure if this is easy to fix but another suggestion to take or leave.
Hopefully my observations are not bothersome. Shy
Pages: 1 2