Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin can load Roms from DVD?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I would like to know if I burn the ISO files in DVD's Dolphin will be able to read then.

Thanks in advance.
(03-01-2011, 12:13 AM)danielvlopes Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I would like to know if I burn the ISO files in DVD's Dolphin will be able to read then.

Thanks in advance.

I'm playing from an external drive connected through the esata port (1 Terabyte Iomega drive) and it seems to run Ok, so I don't see why you couldn't run the games from a DVD drive I could be wrong tho), Give it a try, if it doesn't work you only wasted 1 dvd Smile Let us know.
access latency and spindowns will crash the emulator.
(03-01-2011, 04:09 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]access latency and spindowns will crash the emulator.

Thanks for answer, I thought the emulator simulate something like Daemon Tools to build the ISO. So I thought when the DVD was loaded it's will work without any issue. Anyway, thanks again.
one more TIME
ROM = read-only-memory (GB/GBA/DS/DSi/NES/SNES)
ISO = CD/DVD-Image

the next one who use the word rom is a fucking pirate
and googled "Secret of Mana" snes rom

dump your wii games
and name them dump.iso
(03-02-2011, 02:14 AM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]one more TIME
ISO = CD/DVD-Image

dump your wii games
and name them dump.iso

Thanks for not answer my question. (have you ever heard the name DVD-ROM or CD-ROM ?!).

Yes you can play from disc images ("ISOs") burned to DVD, if the game isn't super timing sensitive. It will be faster and smoother to play from your harddrive though.
You can also mount the dump to a virtual DVD drive and play from that (which may or may not be faster - check for yourself and see).
I've tested GCMs, GCZs, ISOs an CISOs burned to a DVD-R, and then, set up Dolphin to search ISOs in D: (my drive letter). All worked fine, but some games, like Zelda TP, Super Smash Bros Brawl (and Melee) may freeze for some seconds (during this freeze you can heard the DVD drive spinning) but the game continue normally (Dolphin won't crash as related above by Squall Leonhart).
(03-02-2011, 02:14 AM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]one more TIME
ISO = CD/DVD-Image

dump your wii games
and name them dump.iso

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that.
Pages: 1 2