Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sonic and the Secret Rings - Catapult release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys. I'm playing this game with emulated wiimote using a PS2 controller. I tried setting Tilt Forward to Y- axis of my analog stick, and Backward to Y+. When I push Y+ the Catapult goes down, but Y- won't release it.

What to do?
Can anyone help, please? :X
Not sure if I remember correctly... aren't you supposed to move the wiimote downwards then upwards? Have you tried Swing instead of tilt?
Sorry for bumping this, but the problem isn't solved yet. I rechecked and the game says "Move the wiimote forward to release". I tried IR Forward, Swing Forward, IR Up, Swing Up, Shake Y axis and Shake Z axis. None of these work. Since the game uses Sideways Wiimote, maybe Shake Left/Right will work? I really don't know what to do about that.

A video of the problem. (this one's on a real Wii, and it actually works. Again, I can pull that catapult back, but I can't release the character).
Another bump, I think I figured what the problem is. I believe that by "Move forward", the game actually means using a similar feature to Shaking the wiimote in the Z or Y axis, just continuously. Many of these features work, every now and then, with Shake. For example, using moving backward, by spamming the button you set as Shaking Z axis you'll walk backwards one step at a time, stop, and make another step, while in an actual Wii the character will actually run backwards.

Will it ever be looked into, or should I just skip these games/get myself a wiimote?
Sorry for all the bumps, but this problem really makes this game unplayable to me, is there anyone who ever faced it before?
EDIT: Ok from the video it's obviously not IR, it's the tilt but might need shake at the same time.
I am using Dolphin 3.0 64 bit i played it with 360 controller but also keyboard and mouse. The problem is that i can not jump backward only forward. Any solution?
(10-24-2011, 05:34 PM)STOCKMAN Wrote: [ -> ]I am using Dolphin 3.0 64 bit i played it with 360 controller but also keyboard and mouse. The problem is that i can not jump backward only forward. Any solution?

any solutions?
help please! I am getting realy angry now. 2 days and still no reply! PLEASE HELP ME!Big Grin
Help please
Pages: 1 2