Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: new PC good for Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Doommarine23

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right section (looked at this and support, still not sure) but I'm curious.

I'm buying a new PC as my current one broke (currently stuck on a netbookDodgy). Now, of course, Dolphin is not a deciding factor on if I buy my PC or not, I consider it just a bonus, but I'm just curious to see how it would fair.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/...9&csid=_23

SYX BlackOps PC – AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz, Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit, 4GB DDR3 1333MHz, 500GB 7200RPM HDD, DVDRW, 1GB AMD Radeon HD 6850, 500W PSU, FREE COD: Black Ops PC Version

Just to clarify, the Athlon II is simply a Phenom II with no L3 Cache. and it is a quadcore ( I know Dolphin only uses Dual though). the 6850 is the ATI/AMD equivalent to an 460GTX.
Nope that CPU is a little bit too old.
(02-27-2011, 03:29 PM)Doommarine23 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right section (looked at this and support, still not sure) but I'm curious.

I'm buying a new PC as my current one broke (currently stuck on a netbookDodgy). Now, of course, Dolphin is not a deciding factor on if I buy my PC or not, I consider it just a bonus, but I'm just curious to see how it would fair.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/...9&csid=_23

SYX BlackOps PC – AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz, Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit, 4GB DDR3 1333MHz, 500GB 7200RPM HDD, DVDRW, 1GB AMD Radeon HD 6850, 500W PSU, FREE COD: Black Ops PC Version

Just to clarify, the Athlon II is simply a Phenom II with no L3 Cache. and it is a quadcore ( I know Dolphin only uses Dual though). the 6850 is the ATI/AMD equivalent to an 460GTX.

Hey

If you want to play dolphin wii games withouth lag or that sort of stuff you need these specs min.

Processor: Intelcore I5 dualcore porcessor with 2,4 ghz or higher
GFX: Nvida 2100m at least of Ati 4000 plus.
Intern memory: 3 gb or more
hard drive is not that important i have 320 gb and it works fine but the rotation speed of it is important my recomendation is a above 7200 rpm becouse that will speedup the load process of the game.
And of course look for windows 7 and more.
then set your settings good and you can play it.
It's not that great value for $750 IMO.

For the same money you could build (or pay for a build) that has a phenom x6 & a radeon 6950 instead.

The processor is the weak link, it will be a major bottleneck