Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to disable annoying Sounds?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bluntman420

Can someone please tell me how to disable the sounds from windows when pressing a button on my keyboard in dolphin. Every key i press when in game makes a sound, and its ruining the experience of this awesome emulator for me. Thanks to whoever helps.
In Vista/Win7 you can turn down the sound of Windows in sound mixer, not sure about the real fix
not happening for me.

bluntman420

I figured out that i could disable windows sounds from the control panel to fix this. Does anyone know if there is a better way?

larry91

Got the same problem here. Wonder why its happening?Huh
(02-27-2011, 11:01 AM)bluntman420 Wrote: [ -> ]I figured out that i could disable windows sounds from the control panel to fix this. Does anyone know if there is a better way?
That's the only way and does nothing to disable it because the only sound emitted by the system is that when you press a key
I think it would be better to buy an cheap gamepad to use instead which improves the awesomeness of Dolphin.

Dolphin to me isn't ideal for keyboard play, nothing else for that matter.
people that are trying to play these games on keyboard are most likely pirating the games... i cannot imagine someone would pay $30 for a game and not fork out 5 dollars for a usb gamepad.