Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: performance in new releases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have been out of dolphin for a long time, i woud want to know how good is the performance in the curent SVN's compared to 49xx and 50xx

my pc
intel core 2 duo e8200 2,7 ghz
2 GB ram 800 mhz
geforce 8600 gt 512 mb

with the older releases i have fullspeed with almost all games, but newer releases (5xxx and 6xxx) gave me lower framerates
Well they aren't releases
(02-25-2011, 07:50 PM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Well they aren't releases

well....... that's not the point you idiot. have a cry. if you don't wanna be useful then don't even post in the first place.

And karadaniano, i don't have much of an idea about the answer to your question. I do know that some games have decreased in compatibility in newer RELEASES and some have increased. This just happens cos of new inclusions and exclusions in code as the development of dolphin continues. So, yea that would probably explain your loss of speed.
Ok fine...
-FIFO works (WIP) have decreased performance in many games
-EFB to RAM got slow for many people after some recent commit
I noticed that mamarios builds are significantly slower than even the "unoptimized" builds by xtreme2damax and have heavy stuttering which is not present xtreme2damax's builds. Most likely due to poor compiler setting. Comparing a recent build (7150) by xtreme2damax to mamario's builds in the late 5000s the speed is either the same or faster in all games. For some reasons lectrode's builds seem to have the same speed as xtreme2damax's builds but have the stuttering problem that mamario's builds have.
haha that's useful, the sluttering also happens on my own builds, along with dsound being broken. I thought the sluttering was a bug or something, thanks Tongue