Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Does Sandy Bridge help speed with LLE?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a quad Q6600 with 6GB RAM and a GTX 260. Games like Mario Galaxy 1+2 are pretty close to full speed with HLE but with LLE performance drops to around 40% and audio is really stuttery. I was just curious if LLE was anywhere close to full speed for anyone with a new Sandy 2600K, or is LLE still bottlenecked in software? Thanks!
Is your CPU overclocked ???

nice system by the way Smile
Sandy bridge helps with everything, including LLE. It's a faster cpu with better memory throughput therefore everything is going to be faster (unless the gpu bottlenecks it). LLE should be nearly fullspeed with LLE recompiler on an overclocked 2500k (it might drop to 90% in some spots).

Quote:LLE performance drops to around 40% and audio is really stuttery

Audio throttle on/off?

LLE interpreter or LLE recompiler?
Yes, Dolphin x64 runs the SMG observatory at full speed (105% speed) with DC mode, LLE JIT, LLE on thread, EFB to RAM, EFB CPU access, DList caching on a i7 2600K.

Are you running the x64 build of Dolphin? Also if you can overclock the Q6600 to 3.6Ghz, you should be getting at least 60% speed.