Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Common ISO format for Dolphin and USB Loader?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

drewmie

Is there a common disc image format that can be used by both Dolphin on a PC and by a USB Loader on my Wii? (such as USB Loader GX or Configurable USB Loader) I've been using USB loaders for a while since my kids scratched and ruined 3 discs (grrr!). Now I keep the discs safely stored away.

Now I'm interested in trying our games in Dolphin, so I was hoping there was some common format. We own almost 50 games, and my 100GB external hard drive is still working great. I'm currently using wbfs files on an NTFS partition (originally ripped to FAT32), but I'd be happy to switch to something else (like a compressed ISO) if it can be played on both.

And yes, I know I can put the ISO files on the PC. But I would rather use the same external hard drive for both. Is it possible?
Dolphin doesn't support WBFS for some intentional reason.
An admin specified it ages ago but I can't find a relevant post.

drewmie

(02-24-2011, 07:21 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin doesn't support WBFS for some intentional reason.
An admin specified it ages ago but I can't find a relevant post.

I understand that they don't want to support WBFS, but has anyone tried using a Dolphin compressed ISO with a USB loader on the Wii? Or any other format that works with both?