Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Memory card warning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

19BR91

Hello. I just downloaded Dolphin emulator and everything was good untill I runned the game. It says that I need to format my memory card so I did it. Then it says to create a new save file because there is not save file in Slot A. After I done I got a message [color=#FF0000]"Could not write memory card file ./user/GC/MemoryCardA.USA.raw."[/color]
[color=#FF0000]"Are you running Dolphin from a CD/DVD or is the save file maybe write protected?"[/color].
I didn't install any plugins or something else and I don't have those "raw." files in my GC folder.
I hope someone can help me.
Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Noselessmonk

Where is your Dolphin folder? Is it write protected and do you have full access to the folder?

19BR91

(02-24-2011, 02:31 AM)Noselessmonk Wrote: [ -> ]Where is your Dolphin folder? Is it write protected and do you have full access to the folder?

It is on C:/Program files/Pokemon/"Folder".
lol... it is probably because dolphin wants a memory card with a solitary extension.

dark.mad.child

Sorry for bumping an old thread... I was having the same problem... It was because I renamed the folder that was containing dolphin from dolphin-3.0-win64 to Dolphin... Change it back or find a way to change where the memory card attempts to write the save to reflect your changed folder name...
Are you running dolphin as an admin?