Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Does Ram speed up PC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been thinking and so im wondering whether ram speeds up dolphin???

I've got 1gb of ram and games run at a playable speed (But not full speed)

I want to add more ram, but i dont want to waste money without knowing it will speed up dolphin...

So, does ram speed up dolphin???HuhHuhHuhHuh
(02-20-2011, 08:27 AM)qwertybanana Wrote: [ -> ]I've been thinking and so im wondering whether ram speeds up dolphin???

I've got 1gb of ram and games run at a playable speed (But not full speed)

I want to add more ram, but i dont want to waste money without knowing it will speed up dolphin...

So, does ram speed up dolphin???HuhHuhHuhHuh
a lot of procesing is done on the cores, but ram does speed up your computer in general as the memory can stay in the ram and does not have tobe written / read to the hard drive.

so yes i am quite sure it will speed up the emulation, but i am at 3gig and i cant play gamecube games at full speed. i think my problem is my video card that is rather old (256 mb) Sad

not having enough ram will be slow. Having more than enough won't make it fast. Dolphin consumes about 500mb, so when you're gaming with dolphin, see how much memory is free. If it's under 100, upgrade.
'
The speed of the RAM matters more than how much RAM you have.
What OS are you using? With win xp or linux 1GB is enough. For win vista/7 you should have 2GB.
If you give us your complete specs we can tell if that`s what is holding you down.
hers my specs
PC Specs:
IntelĀ® PentiumĀ® D - 3.00GHz and 2.99ghz (2CPUS)
1GB RAM
Windows XP Professional x32
pentium d
(02-21-2011, 03:35 PM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]pentium d

Is it a bad graphix card?
if it is, how much ram can make dolphin run at a better speed?
right now, brawl is running at 40-60fps

If your current amount is not enough it certainly will. If you run Windows you could always start task manager and then check how much RAM you have left during the time you run Dolphin with a game. I don't know which OS you're using but with Windows XP 1GB should suffice but if can score some cheap 512MB, 1024MB RAM DDR I would probably do it unless you plan on buying a completely new computer.
Pages: 1 2