Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: problems using AR with ssbm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mokumo

Hey, first post here. I want to start by saying how awesome this emulator is and how excited I am to get this started.

I managed to find two different ISOs of Super Smash Bros. Melee, one of my favorite videogames, which i attend tournaments to regularly. I want to emulate this game on my computer for a few reasons, the main two being for online play (which might become popular someday) and because i want to mess around in debug mode and learn more about the game.

The ladder requires use of Action Replay, which I am having trouble getting to work. Here's what's going on: I check off the cheats (m), Unlock All Characters and Stages, and Debug Menu Replaces Training. I think the first one is the "master cheat" or something and you have to check it off if you're doing anything. The second two i found online and set up with Dolphin; I'm pretty sure I did it correctly. Even if I didn't, I don't think that's the problem. Absolutely nothing happens when I just run the second two (even though when I boot up the game the text says those codes are active).

The whole thing pretty much crashes when I activate all three of them, I get a series of messages, which I'll write down below:
___
"Action Replay Error: Master Code and Write To CCXXXXXX not implemented ((m))"

"ERROR: Trying to compile at 0. LR=00000000"

"iCacheJT: Reading Opcode from fffffffc. Please report."
___

So that's what happens. This is what happens when I use the hacked version that I have, which includes various texture hacks (captain america costume for captain falcon, etc.) and music hacks. It's a .GCM file, so it shows up on that list when you open up Dolphin. Would that really screw up the AR stuff that I'm trying to do?

I have an ISO of a pretty much normal copy of SSBM, I think the music has been hacked a little, but I don't know how to get AR to work when I'm running the game off an ISO. I mount it on DaemonTools, then I run that on Dolphin, but I don't know how to use AR for that or to get it on that cool little list that my .GCM files are on.

I hope that made sense! Thanks again =)
You don't find them, you dump them from your Wii

Mokumo

Dolphin already has AR codes for ssbm... (m) is one of them.
I meant the games

Mokumo

ah, well the game is working, but the AR codes aren't. Would I have to put the .GCM file on an sd card and then put that on my Wii? because of course its a gamecube game not a wii game.
closed and banned.

i lol'd