Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote troubles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought a bluetooth adapter and the pc detects the wiimote fine, i can play something like new super mario bro's aswell (shaking the wiimote to spin/fly also works) but when I try to play anything that requires you to use the wiimote as a cursor, the cursor doesn't appear.

The site doesn't say I need a sensor bar... so what's up?
I suppose you have been reading the "how to connect wiimote to pc" guides on the main site then. Unfortunately, you DO need a sensorbar to aim with the wiimote, it's a bit of a shame the guide doesn't say anything about this, but it's the truth.
Oh that sucks, I bought a wireless sensor bar with the adapter just incase but I can't get it to work, is there something special I need to do with it or is the sensor bar I bought broken? It's a 'Logic 3' sensor bar.

This one to be exact: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logic3-Wireless-...B000Y14VIW

I assumed that it would be picked up by the bluetooth adapter but the bar doesn't show any sign of being powered when I press the power button spite trying different batteries.

EDIT: Actually it seems the sensor bar has sprung to life now, it's got power, but I've got no idea how to connect it to the PC, it doesn't show up on the bluetooth adapters list.
You don't have to connect it to the pc through bluetooth or anything. I don't know much about the technical aspects, but if i am correct the sensorbar is nothing more than an ir receiver, meaning it is only needed by the wiimote in order to actually tell where you are pointing at the screen. You should be able to choose if the sensorbar should be turned on for either 1 or 2 hours if you press the select button. A red light should begin to flash.Then you'll know for sure that it is on.

Just turn on the sensorbar and you are ready to go, it's that simpleWink

BTW: I think we have the same sensorbar lol
(02-18-2011, 03:49 AM)DarkSharingan Wrote: [ -> ]You don't have to connect it to the pc through bluetooth or anything. I don't know much about the technical aspects, but if i am correct the sensorbar is nothing more than an ir receiver, meaning it is only needed by the wiimote in order to actually tell where you are pointing at the screen. You should be able to choose if the sensorbar should be turned on for either 1 or 2 hours if you press the select button. A red light should begin to flash.Then you'll know for sure that it is on.

Just turn on the sensorbar and you are ready to go, it's that simpleWink

BTW: I think we have the same sensorbar lol

Ah that's good to know, thank you.