Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Graphics problem in Okami
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed when playing Okami that the graphics are a bit blurry, but after just opening and closing my graphics options the games fps ran faster and the graphics were much sharper. However, after doing this there is a sort of overlay of the game the moment I opened/closed the graphics config. I have tried playing with the EFB copy set to ram and texture, accurate texture cache on and off but they didn't change anything. Have also tried disabling/enabling CPU access and emulate format changes. Here are some screen-shots before and after the graphics config. If anyone knows how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated!

Before:
[Image: ROWE08-1.png]

After (the graphics are sharper, but there's black bits):
[Image: ROWE08-2.png]

Here's my setup (build r7128):
[Image: config.jpg]

My PC specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.94Ghz (Quad core 3Ghz in the post)
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce 9800 GT
RAM: 4GB

Edit: This issue has been stated in the games info but there is an issue with the start menu, dunno if theres any plan to fix it: "Game menu issues (r6564)"
The problem still exists D: any1 got an idea on how I could fix it?
the game changes its running stage when you click the graphics tab because you must have dif settings in the game properties. when you open the graphics settings it overrides any game properties. you should upgrade to 7168 or newer to have individual graphics profiles for each game.

try enabling fog and maybe virtual xfb.
(02-18-2011, 08:19 AM)inteGReddy Wrote: [ -> ]the game changes its running stage when you click the graphics tab because you must have dif settings in the game properties. when you open the graphics settings it overrides any game properties. you should upgrade to 7168 or newer to have individual graphics profiles for each game.

try enabling fog and maybe virtual xfb.

After an hour of trial and error going through the game properties on svn 7128 & 7168 I've managed to make it so the black smudge appears without me touching the graphics properties while in game, it just appears when I move now, and the black smudge moves around slightly. Tried with fog and xbf on too.

I found that enabling EFB copy to ram rather than texture makes the smudge stick around the wolf again but then I'm back to square one, and disabling the accurate text cache gets rid of the smudge but leaves the game in an oddly coloured state with unreadable text. Tried with V-Sync on and off too.

Really have no clue what to do Sad
I still haven't figured it out. If any1 has working performance settings for Okami they could share that would be awesome.
Problem still exists, really want to play this game ><
Play it on a Wii then?

This is why you should have the hardware, some things won't work or ever work 100% in emulation.
(02-24-2011, 03:59 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Play it on a Wii then?

This is why you should have the hardware, some things won't work or ever work 100% in emulation.

I do have a Wii but I like Dolphin to play in 1080p. I guess I'll have to admit defeat here and accept the lower quality.

Cheers