Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote Installation Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I just bought an external USB Bluetooth dongle adapter, a Nintendo Wiimote and a Nintendo nunchuk.

I tried to follow the installation instructions on the support page (http://www.dolphin-emu.org/connect-wiimote.html), but when I wanted to add a device, the external USB Bluetooth dongle adapter is not able to detect my Nintendo Wiimote and nunchuk, even after I inserted new batteries into my Nintendo Wiimote and switched it on.

How do I add my Nintendo Wiimote and nunchuk as a bluetooth device, when it cannot be detected at all?

I would greatly appreciate anyone who can help me out in this matter.
(02-16-2011, 10:13 PM)Dolwee Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I just bought an external USB Bluetooth dongle adapter, a Nintendo Wiimote and a Nintendo nunchuk.

I tried to follow the installation instructions on the support page (http://www.dolphin-emu.org/connect-wiimote.html), but when I wanted to add a device, the external USB Bluetooth dongle adapter is not able to detect my Nintendo Wiimote and nunchuk, even after I inserted new batteries into my Nintendo Wiimote and switched it on.

How do I add my Nintendo Wiimote and nunchuk as a bluetooth device, when it cannot be detected at all?

I would greatly appreciate anyone who can help me out in this matter.

I managed to get my external USB Bluetooth adapter dongle to be able to detect my Nintendo Wiimote and nunchuk.

The instructions told us to press the number 1 and number 2 buttons on the Nintendo Wiimote simultaneously and I did that the first time, but the dongle was unable to detect it.

Later on, I saw a video on Youtube of this guy teaching people how to install the Nintendo Wiimote on a PC and it gave me an idea.

I tried to press the number 1 and number 2 buttons on the Nintendo Wiimote simultaneously, but this time round, I HELD onto the two buttons as I placed the Nintendo Wiimote VERY CLOSE/ DIRECTLY IN FRONT to/ of the dongle, as the onscreen Bluetooth device manager was searching for my Nintendo Wiimote.

My method worked and my Nintend Wiimote was detected soon after!

It seems that I should not just press the number 1 and number 2 buttons on the Nintendo Wiimote too briefly, as that would not allow the onscreen Bluetooh device manager enough time to be able to detect it.

HOLDING DOWN the number 1 and number 2 buttons on the Nintendo Wiimote, while the onscreen Bluetooth device manager was searching for my Nintendo Wiimote, more likely ensures that it will be detected, as I'm holding the two buttons for a longer period of time and when that happens, it emits the IR signals for a longer period of time to give the device manager a higher chance of being detected.

I suppose the instructions were not clear enough - it did not specify or mention anything about holding the number 1 and number 2 buttons long enough for the adapter to detect it. Nor did the instructions talk about placing the Nintendo Wiimote CLOSELY to the adapter.

Could someone amend the instructions by informing them to HOLD ONTO the number 1 and number 2 buttons on their Nintendo Wiimote and to place the Nintendo Wiimote within a VERY SHORT distance to the dongle, so that other people who may have problems installing their Nintendo Wiimote will be able to avoid encountering the same problem that I did?