Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Zelda Twillight Princess FPS problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys,

first things first, this is my system:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz - 2.67 GHz
Ram: 4,00 GB
Systemtype: 64 Bit
Videocard: Geforce GTX 275

My problem is that I have big break-ins when I play the game. It got so far that I couldn't even continue shortly before the first temple (I guess), the game basically just freezed in.

I have always like 25 FPS, in town I get also a break-in.

Now I don't know if my System is simply to weak for Zelda TP maybe? On the other side though, Super Smash Brothers runs quite perfect.

Are there any of you who had the same problem and solved it by changing the settings? If so, I really hope you can help me here.

Maybe you guys can produce relief, I'm looking forward to every kind of help and thanks!

P.S. English isn't my first language but I hope you can understand my problem! Tongue
I don't understand what you mean by "break-ins".
(02-15-2011, 11:36 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand what you mean by "break-ins".
You know when the FPS drops from 30 to 5 for example, basically when the game's slowing down rapidly.

I hope you know now what I mean.

Seeing as this will be my first post, i sure hope i can be of help to you. NaturalViolence might be able to provide you with a better answer, but anyway here is my view:

Your system doesn't seem to be overwhelmingly powerful but it isnt bad either, you should be able to play this game with good speed in most areas, although your processor will probably struggle to maintain a steady fps in areas like Hyrule Field. More importantly, your saying you encountered one of these "break-ins" shortly before the Forest Temple? As in Faron woods? I don't remember if this only applies to Hyrule Field, but make sure that the ZTP hack is enabled. Faron Woods CAN cause slowdowns on some systems, and the ZTP hack MIGHT help with that. And could you post your game settings along with revision number? We need those to provide more helpWink
(02-15-2011, 08:14 PM)DarkSharingan Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing as this will be my first post, i sure hope i can be of help to you. NaturalViolence might be able to provide you with a better answer, but anyway here is my view:

Your system doesn't seem to be overwhelmingly powerful but it isnt bad either, you should be able to play this game with good speed in most areas, although your processor will probably struggle to maintain a steady fps in areas like Hyrule Field. More importantly, your saying you encountered one of these "break-ins" shortly before the Forest Temple? As in Faron woods? I don't remember if this only applies to Hyrule Field, but make sure that the ZTP hack is enabled. Faron Woods CAN cause slowdowns on some systems, and the ZTP hack MIGHT help with that. And could you post your game settings along with revision number? We need those to provide more helpWink
Thank you for the quick help!

I've already enabled the ZTP hack and it doesn't make any difference.

My game settings are equally to those: http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html (I hope you can understand it b/c it's in German, but there are also pics in it)

I don't know what you mean by revision number, sry, where can I find this information?

Thank you!

Hmm...interresting, your using the Dolphin Performance settings, yet you have fps drops down to just 5 fps? Seeing as you have a pretty darn nice gfx, i doubt it will matter, but what resolution are you running the game at? Are you using any anti-aliasing?

More importantly, by "revision number" i mean what version of Dolphin do you use? Version 2.0? (in which case changing to another version might help) or are you using one of the svn versions? (eg. 6847). You can check the version number by clicking on the help tab in Dolphin and then selecting the option "About" in the drop down menu.
(02-16-2011, 05:22 AM)DarkSharingan Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm...interresting, your using the Dolphin Performance settings, yet you have fps drops down to just 5 fps? Seeing as you have a pretty darn nice gfx, i doubt it will matter, but what resolution are you running the game at? Are you using any anti-aliasing?

More importantly, by "revision number" i mean what version of Dolphin do you use? Version 2.0? (in which case changing to another version might help) or are you using one of the svn versions? (eg. 6847). You can check the version number by clicking on the help tab in Dolphin and then selecting the option "About" in the drop down menu.
So I just played up to the wood again and I think that whole fps dropping thing is history for me, fortunately. My fps is constantly at 30 (sometimes 25).

A other question would be now, can I push my FPS up to 60? Is this even possible regarding my system?

But to answer your questions, I am using the newest version (I guess) r7128. I play the game with a resolution of 1680x1050. I use 16x anti-aliasing. But it doesn't really matter, same FPS as when I spin it down to 1x.

Nice help so far, big thanks!
No. The game runs at 30 fps. If you run it at 60 fps the gamespeed will be 200%.
(02-16-2011, 10:23 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]No. The game runs at 30 fps. If you run it at 60 fps the gamespeed will be 200%.
Allright, thank you then.

I think the problem is solved, thank you for your help!
Seeing as your problem seems to be solved, it might not matter, but there is 1 thing i would like to point out. Your saying your using 16X anti-aliasing right? As far as im aware of, the Direct3d9 plugin only supports up to 9X anti-aliasing, which must mean your either using the opengl plugin or the directX11 plugin (dont know if DirectX11 supports 16x anti-aliasing, as i never use this plugin). Once again, because of your gfx, it might not matter, but the Opengl plugin is considerably slower than direct 3d9, so you might wanna switch to that if your fps decreases again^^

Sorry for this long post, i have a tendency to stretch things out lol

PS: On another note, game must look amazing with 16x anti-aliasing0.0
Pages: 1 2