Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Solved] Game configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

STKRudy85

hello, (I'm french so if We can speak french It will be more easy to each other to understand ourselves)

This is my computer configuration :

Code:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 Yorkfield Socket 775 LGA (@45 nm) 2500 Mhz ( L1I: 4 x 32 Ko, L1D: 4 x 32 Ko, L2: 2 x 2048 Ko )
Code:
Mémoire physique totale: 4096 Mo, Type: DDR2, @400.0MHz, 5.0-5-5-15-2T
Code:
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 (G92,,1024 Mo)

Is it enough to run dolphin (I hope yes Wink ) ?

So I made a new installation on my computer I was using XP32 and I changed to XP 64

I've downloaded the last stable version of dolphin (2.0)

I've read support page to configure the emulator
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I don't know how to have the good speed in game

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I especially done my test on Mario kart GC
(sometimes the game ran well but as soon as I tested multi-mode the framerate fall to 28fps)

I tried so many type of different configuration that I'm bored Sad
I want some help to doing this configuration

Tell me if you any log files or something else
Your CPU is a bit slow.
(02-15-2011, 07:10 AM)STKRudy85 Wrote: [ -> ]I especially done my test on Mario kart GC
(sometimes the game ran well but as soon as I tested multi-mode the framerate fall to 28fps)
Multi-player split screen mode is slow for everybody. No settings can fix it.

STKRudy85

skid Wrote:Multi-player split screen mode is slow for everybody. No settings can fix it.

Too bad Sad I formated my computer only for playing this game Undecided

runo Wrote:Your CPU is a bit slow.

A quad core ? You're serious ?
The only benefit of a quad core is running two separate instances of dolphin at the same speed. 2.5 Ghz isn't enough.

firrst get a NEW dolphin build.
maybe here: http://migs.ath.cx/

and try this option:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
go to "dolphin direct3d9 graphics configuration"
here i switched from "copy" "RAM" to "copy" "Texture"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this gave me a nice boost in doubledashmultiplayer
(02-17-2011, 02:57 AM)STKRudy85 Wrote: [ -> ]
skid Wrote:Multi-player split screen mode is slow for everybody. No settings can fix it.

Too bad Sad I formated my computer only for playing this game Undecided

runo Wrote:Your CPU is a bit slow.

A quad core ? You're serious ?
A 2.5GHz quad core, yes he is serious... in Dolphin its about clock speed rather than number of cores(I believe Dolphin will only use 2 cores max)... Mario Kart Double Dash is very demanding on your system

You need to overclock that cpu
(02-18-2011, 09:11 AM)wiggy2k7 Wrote: [ -> ]A 2.5GHz quad core, yes he is serious... in Dolphin its about clock speed rather than number of cores(I believe Dolphin will only use 2 cores max)... Mario Kart Double Dash is very demanding on your system

You need to overclock that cpu

Yup Tongue