Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New to dolphin....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have to say how impressed I am with this emulator. I think the better halfs wii is going to be gathering dust from now on!.

My wireless wii bar is on order, only slight snag is the reception on my bluetooth dongle on my motherboard is not that great, i may have to pick up a usb one to stick in a front usb port.

Currently i only have 1 game iso, however i will look to get all of the isos of the games we own as soon as my new broadband goes live later in the week, but the game I do have runs so so well.

My machine specs are reasonable

(Sandybridge I5 2500k currently @ 3.8ghz, will overclock more when i get a new cooler
4GB ram
Gigabyte GTX560Ti OC

Am i right in saying i can expect pretty much all games to run close to 100% speed wise with this rig?

Thanks again for an excellent piece of software.

PS, i was curious, as I only have 1 game which runs ok out of the box as it were, for when i have to fiddle with the settings to get to run optimally, can i save each emulator setting individually per game, so that a game profile is automatically set on loading, or would i have to make a list of what boxes to check and set up before playing the game i want to play?

cheers

M.
Yes, except for the games that don't run well on dolphin.
(02-14-2011, 09:42 PM)corotta Wrote: [ -> ]HEYYYYY
isn't he pirate or something like that

No it's legal as long as you own the games and system (GC or Wii)
(02-14-2011, 09:42 PM)corotta Wrote: [ -> ]HEYYYYY
isn't he pirate or something like that

erm, given that i specifically mentioned that it was games that i (well the other half) owns on the wii downstairs am not sure what else i could do?

what other way is there of running wii games on the emu? given i do not have one of the rare lg drives which i hear may read wii disks, the only way i can possibly run these games is through using isos, however if you can educate me another way please do Smile
IT IS ILLEGAL TO DOWNLOAD CONSOLE GAMES WHETHER YOU OWN THEM OR NOT.
(02-14-2011, 10:07 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]IT IS ILLEGAL TO DOWNLOAD CONSOLE GAMES WHETHER YOU OWN THEM OR NOT.

WhyHuh
(02-14-2011, 10:07 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]IT IS ILLEGAL TO DOWNLOAD CONSOLE GAMES WHETHER YOU OWN THEM OR NOT.

ok i did not realise that, i apologise, am sure no one here does it either.

No need to be rude about it tho, it was a genuine error.

It depends on where you live.

In my country it is not illegal (yet) to download any piece of software, pirated or not. It is however illegal to distribute the pirated ones, thus making the use of torrents to download pirated software illegal.

And in a specific country harbouring a specific pirate bay, it is (apparently) not illegal to distribute pirated software either.

In other words: DON'T THINK YOUR ANSWERS ARE ABSOLUTE, JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE TRUE FOR YOU.

As for the other ones: Who cares if something's legal or not?
Fact is: It's not allowed to distribute or ask for links leading to sites that provide ISOs or anything that might lead to the possession of a pirated copy of any copy protected software. Not on this forum anyways. Any violation of this (or another) forum rule might lead to a ban. I'm just warning you, not insinuating anything of the like.
Just read the forum rules, if you're not sure...
Sorry, this site does not adhere to "it depends where you live".

Dump your own games, or get banned when you ask for help with your downloaded games.

Daco enjoys banning people who don't dump their own games (and admit to it..hint hint)
thread closed