Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote + XBMC + Dolphin, code question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

fndude

First off, props to the devs, tight code and nice project.

I would like to launch Dolphin from xbmc. I managed to do this with no problem, I am running an Unbuntu build and with a PPA it works out of the box with a app launcher.

However, I would like to pair a real wiimote on main() start, as I have no keyboard and would like the process to be automated, right now I have to do this manually, and with no keyboard getting to the screen to pair is not an option.

I would like the code to launch into the pair code and loop until it pairs with the remote via the 1+2 press, then launch the game. A timeout with exit if fail.

I have been looking at the source, where I would hack this out? Also, I don't want to reinvent the wheel if this has already been done.

Any ideas or suggestions for making this happen would be great.

Currently running r7121.

Once again, fantastic project!

catpower

If you figure it out, I would love to hear how to do it. I have the exact same situation, can pair my Wii remotes in Dolphin, but would like it to auto pair when launched from XBMC otherwise I have to close Dolphin and then reopen it (I can't seem to get the remotes to work in Dolphin without hitting pair and then restarting Dolphin).

Out of curiosity, does your Wii remote work in XBMC? Can you navigate XBMC with it?

fndude

Yes it works great for xbmc, it's my primary remote. XBMC's xbmc-wiimote is a standalone that will pair all the time. You just hit 1&2 and it syncs up instantly. I can turn the remote off, then on and sync in 5 seconds.

I am getting a build environment together now so I can start. I will let you know if I make any progress.

Did you ever figure this out mate?

Looking for exactly the same thing.
Sames here, been looking for a solution as well. It doesnt seem like it would that hard to code in, if we knew exactly where to code it in at.
Use Advanced Launcher and Dolphin's command line tools. When you set up the command for the launcher, use --exec=%rom%
Well I figured out a cheatery way to do this using dolphins "hotkey" to sync the wiimotes.

Have a script that launches the "hotkey" a few seconds after the game launches.
Alternatively, I have an IR remote that works with my Linuxbox, I can map the hotkey to one of those buttons as well.

Anyways, I am looking into BlueZ, Im not sure how it and dolphin work together. If we could use BlueZ to connect to the WiiMote directly without using Dolphin and it still sync with Dolphin, then I could make a script keeps looking for the remote until its connected.
The answer to connecting your Wiimote to your PC is extremely easy to find here on these forums... It is even on the first page of the General Discussion subforum if you just looked and read the thread titles for a couple of seconds.

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=25288
Yes, I actually posted on that exact topic, asking for a solution in Linux.

I need one for LINUX.

All the programs that members created are nice and all but they are not for linux, they are ".exe", which is no help for me. I dont believe any of them are open source so I cant make them for linux. Plus Windows uses something completely different for Bluetooth than linux, so even if I could get it to work with WINE, it still would not do anything. I have looked extensively for a solution to this problem.

I have already accepted the fact that I will have to make my own.
(10-08-2012, 02:18 AM)sirkingchase Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I actually posted on that exact topic, asking for a solution in Linux.

I need one for LINUX.

All the programs that members created are nice and all but they are not for linux, they are ".exe", which is no help for me. I dont believe any of them are open source so I cant make them for linux. Plus Windows uses something completely different for Bluetooth than linux, so even if I could get it to work with WINE, it still would not do anything. I have looked extensively for a solution to this problem.

I have already accepted the fact that I will have to make my own.

Try Wiican
Wiican home page

Guide for ubuntu: http://www.ubuntugeek.com/wiican-easy-wi...linux.html
Pages: 1 2