Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gamecube console (regions)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've decided to buy a gamecube console but there is one thing i'd like to find out. Of which region NTSC or PAL gamecube console should i buy? I live in europe.
If i buy gamecube which supports NTSC will i be able to run games? Does it depend on type of TV? Please explain these things. Sorry for weak english knowledge.
You live in Europe, only PAL Gamecubes can be sold there.
Come on nosound , do you really think they only sell Coke and Ketchup in the US ^^?

I mean , there are lots of NTSC sellers in Europe !! It's not only PAL even if it's THE standard for TV's in europe.(and by the way , nowadays pretty much every Tv recognizes Pal and Secam and Ntsc and automatically switches between modes)

There are lots of shop in France for example where you can buy imported consoles and games.
Well, most of them are considered to be PAL. Otherwise, it's just breaking international law between continents. I'm just explaining how it SHOULD BE.
International laws !! come on , it's just a standard they use in the 60's , pal and secam !!

Anyway , you are correct most Pal consoles are sold in europe due to TVs .