Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Graphics tearing / rolling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Psychfox

Hello everyone,

First, I fully admit to being a noob in regards to Dolphin. I have little clue how the various options in Dolphin will affect a particular game - at this point I am resorting to pushing buttons in systemic order.

My current, and currently only, issue with Dolphin is a tearing / rolling issue. Whenever I start up a game (You Don't Know Jack) with the various settings, there is either tearing between frames, or outright rolling.

Here are my computer specs and settings:

Dolphin version: r7128
Graphics: NVidia GTX 280
RAM: 4094MB

Testing setup #1:
Framelimit: 60 (limit FPS)
Progressive Scan: Enabled
Audio throttle: Enabled

This setup produces these results:
FPS: 60, VPS: 20, Speed: 50%
Screen: Slow (due to running at half speed) and there is tearing that starts at the bottom of the screen and proceeds upwards.

Testing setup #2:
Framelimit: 60

This setup produces these results:
FPS: 120, VPS: 60, Speed: 100%
Screen: Fast, but massive tearing.

Testing setup #3:
Framelimit: Off

Results:
FPS: 120, VPS: 60, Speed: 100%
Screen: Fast, almost rolling like tearing.

Enabling V-sync with Setup #3 smooths out the tearing (so the screen dims and flickers in brightness).

My monitor is a Samsung LCD, which is running at 1920x1080, at 60Hz.

Might anyone have some suggestions to help me achieve quiz-show nirvana?

(I realize this post would likely be better served in the Game Discussion forum, but I can't post there just yet.)
Check "Use FPS for Limiting" and set the framelimit to 60.
I dunno why the game is running at Full Speed at 120 FPS it should be twice as fast as normal

Psychfox

(02-14-2011, 06:26 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Check "Use FPS for Limiting" and set the framelimit to 60.
I dunno why the game is running at Full Speed at 120 FPS it should be twice as fast as normal
That's actually what I did in my first round of testing (Test setup #1). I just tried that setup again and also turned on VSync - no joy.

Edit: Figured it out.

Framelimit: 60 (Use FPS for limiting)
Enable Progressive Scan
XFB: Enable (Real)
Audio Throttle: Disabled

This produces FPS: 60, VPS: 60, Speed: 95% - 101%.