Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Galaxy 2 on Dolphin-x64-r7111
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK ok, I know , I know, there are millions of threads regarding the grand star 1 in SMG2. So before any of those who users who like to post "use the search option" in every thread , just calm down and read what I want first.

My SMG2 is working fine on r7111 but I still have this black screen after grand star.

What I understood from the other threads, that the's only solution is to set the DSP to OpenAL , disable music and throttle and then replay the level without using save states in order to pass the grand star.

However, in the latest Dolphin 7100s builds , there is no OpenAL option, I have the OpenAl plugin , but those builds don't have a 'Plugins" tab, I can't see any way to add a plugin there...

So how to add a plugin on this build?
Just use the XAudio2 sound backend in the Audio/DSP config.
^ would that solve the problem? that's it? Would I be able to pass the grand star freeze?
Or use DSP LLE Recompiler.
where is the grand star? i am halfway through the second galaxy... am i close yet?
The grand stars are at the end of each world. They let you travel to the next world. To get past a grand star level without crashing you either have to use lle audio or disable audio completely.
oh yeah thats right. i thought most people were using lle on smg now neway.
I'm not going to use it until I upgrade to a better cpu (sandy bridge 2500k).
I'm not going to use it until it's faster than HLE Tongue
Or until I start caring about sound anyway...