Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Speed problems with Paper Mario
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i'm new in the forum, and also with dolphin emulator, so i would really apreciate your patience, thanks..

I have Dolphin, don't know what rev, we got it with a friend, and i have an old paper mario 2 from a cousin...

I run the game @ 35 FPS max, and very often they drop to ~4-8 FPS..
Also i get many graphic errors, and to load an state i must stop and re start emulation.

My computer is:

Windows XP 32 bits SP3
2Gb RAM
GeForce 8800 GTS 512 Mb
AMD Athlon 64 X2 2,6 Ghz +5200 (overclocked to 2,7 Ghz)

About the config, it's a mess, i've changed every option triying to get higher FPS, so here are some pics of my config:

[Image: 152hssi.jpg]
delete the word "downloaded" but really fast...
(If you don't, some admin is going to bann your ass...)

1. switch to directx9 plugin... (opengl is the slowest)
2. switch to JIT Recompiler
3. change window size to 640x480
a)follow the suggestions of dannzen
b)Enable Copy EFB to Texture.
c) What rev u use?
d) follow the official thread here -> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=34

E) Piracy is not tolerated here ...
Quote:A few days ago i downloaded dolphin togheter with paper mario
BAD KITTY ! NO KITTY THIS IS MY PIE
Okay, i did what you said, but FPS keeps on droping to ~6, not so usually but it is still anoying, is there anyway to speed it up a little bit more?
Oh, when FPS drops VPS drops as well to the same amount, and speed goes down to about, 8-13%, when normal speed is 50%

Thank you very much for your help, and btw i read all 20 pages of the official thread, but i haven't found any solution, was it wrong to post this here?
Quote:AMD Athlon 64 X2 2,6 Ghz +5200 (overclocked to 2,7 Ghz)

^That's why. An athlon x2 is not sufficient for most games at any clock rate.
(02-11-2011, 08:15 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:AMD Athlon 64 X2 2,6 Ghz +5200 (overclocked to 2,7 Ghz)

^That's why. An athlon x2 is not sufficient for most games at any clock rate.

Yes, that is what i thought...

I'll change my whole computer soon, i was thinking of an i5 760 and a HD5850, pretty much sure that then i'll run the games faster and with no troubles. (i'll change the entire PC, not only procesor and video card..)