Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: "The Memory Card in Slot A is Damaged and Cannot Be Used"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was playing LoZ: WW when, for some reason or other, my PC froze and had to be turned off manually. After rebooting the computer and restarting Dolphin, when I tried to load my file, this message came up (the same is true for my LoZ: TP file). I've already tried Tools>MemCardManager>FixChecksums, but that hasn't worked. I tried deleting Memory Card A and creating a new one with this programme, but when I try to save the GCIs as new memory cards, I get the message "An error has occurred: Could not find part of the path...[insert location here]". Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I would try switching to Slot B, but as far as I know, the Zelda games don't check for slot B memory discs.
Screenshot of the memory card programme error:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t270/...merror.png
Don't know about converting GCI to memcard,people most do this way :
Thanks for the reply.

I've tried that a few times and it still hasn't worked. I deleted the original memory card file (which I'm not sure I should have done) and went to the Config option, where it prompted me to make a new one. But even after I'd made a new memory file and imported the GCI, the damage error still popped up in the game.
Try my memcard which i attached in 3th post
Still getting the same error. What if I uninstalled and reinstalled Dolphin?

...Though that's a pain, as I had trouble getting the thing to work to begin with.