Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Plugin Not Found Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Arkley

I'm new at emulating anything bigger than a GBA, so I've run into a couple of problems.

When I try to configure my pad/keyboard input, I get the error:

Error loading Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll; can't read info

Now I've made sure PadSimple is there and I've done a search on this forum already to try to find the answer without wasting anyone's time, but I can't find it.

In addition to this error, when I try to load a game it tells me; Couldn't init the core, check config.

Sorry if these questions have been asked before. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Note: I intend to play using a keyboard, not a game pad.
Install VC++ 2008 SP1, update DirectX, and update your graphic card driver.
The end.

Arkley

Okay, the first two I know how to do, and I've done that. Unfortunately, I'm just as big a newbie when it comes to computers as emulators; can you tell me how to find out which graphics card I have? After that I assume updating the drivers for it will be as simple as using Google?
If you're using Windows OS such as XP or Vista, then press start menu, click run, and write dxdiag, and push the OK button.
On the Display tab, you can see your graphic card's name and manufacturer. If it is Nvidia or ATI, you can found it at google, while if it's onboard (such as intel GMA), you can't use the OpenGL plugin (since Intel hadn't supported OpenGL 2.1, use old DirectX plugin instead on the emulator) I dunno where to update it, but I think google still can help you.

Please list your PC specs such as CPU speed, GPU, 32bit/64bit, etc.
Oh, and tell me which revision of Dolphin you're using (r3000++ or 3000--). If you don't know which revision, just see the upper left of the program (Dolphin SVN rXXXX)
You don't really need to update your graphics card, you just need to do first 2 instructions Smile
Yeah, have you tried playing it after done that two? If you still can't play it, download other Dolphin SVN from this forum and try it again.
by me must i only install direct x