Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Getting copy-protected save from Dolphin to Wii without cIOS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since the Wii is in the family room, and I do not have a TV in my room, I found it convenient to play some of my Wii games via Dolphin at times when the TV is taken up and such.

Now I managed to rip a copy-protected save easily without any cIOS via Savegame Extractor, but AFAIK every save installer currently in existence requires cIOS. This is an problem since I REALLY do not want to install any cIOS.

Homebrew-wise, my Wii only has the Homebrew Channel and bootmii as boot2, and I wish to keep it that way. Wii Menu version is 4.3U.
You need a cIOS since every Savegame Installer needs a Trucha Bugged IOS otherwise it can't install.
Actually they just need to port it to IOS58 with HW_AHBPROT then you won't need a cIOS
Thanks, I'll mention that on SaveGame Manager GX's Google Code issues page.

EDIT: Nevermind, it already exists, but is already half a year old...
http://code.google.com/p/savegame-manage...tail?id=62
how do you put save on dolphin to wii i got savemanager gx and savegame installer and savegame extractor,when i click on savegame installer on hombrew channel and it appear when i click it doesnt work i press alt+f5 it doesnt work either, same at savegame extractor i cant click anything,for savegame manager gx channel i click it and black srcreen,for savegame manager i click it on homebrew channel and appeared when i click on sd card list nothing no savegame list i put the game on wiisave folder and nothing appeared any save on savegame manager.Help please i really need to save
(05-01-2011, 06:11 PM)Bryan Wrote: [ -> ]how do you put save on dolphin to wii i got savemanager gx and savegame installer and savegame extractor,when i click on savegame installer on hombrew channel and it appear when i click it doesnt work i press alt+f5 it doesnt work either, same at savegame extractor i cant click anything,for savegame manager gx channel i click it and black srcreen,for savegame manager i click it on homebrew channel and appeared when i click on sd card list nothing no savegame list i put the game on wiisave folder and nothing appeared any save on savegame manager.Help please i really need to save

Don't worry, it's really simple - you're just using the wrong version of Savegame Manager GX. Use this version instead:
http://code.google.com/p/savegame-manage...l?id=62#c8
(05-01-2011, 06:16 PM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2011, 06:11 PM)Bryan Wrote: [ -> ]how do you put save on dolphin to wii i got savemanager gx and savegame installer and savegame extractor,when i click on savegame installer on hombrew channel and it appear when i click it doesnt work i press alt+f5 it doesnt work either, same at savegame extractor i cant click anything,for savegame manager gx channel i click it and black srcreen,for savegame manager i click it on homebrew channel and appeared when i click on sd card list nothing no savegame list i put the game on wiisave folder and nothing appeared any save on savegame manager.Help please i really need to save

Don't worry, it's really simple - you're just using the wrong version of Savegame Manager GX. Use this version instead:
http://code.google.com/p/savegame-manage...l?id=62#c8
I got black screen but its still running the fps is still 60-66 should i wait for it? i already install the ios58 and enable real xfb
(05-03-2011, 11:42 PM)Bryan Wrote: [ -> ]I got black screen but its still running the fps is still 60-66 should i wait for it? i already install the ios58 and enable real xfb
wat

You're supposed to run that on your Wii, not in Dolphin! You use that to dump your saves to an SD card and vise-versa.

To get a save into dolphin, right-click a game in the game list, and click "Open Wii save folder". This is where you copy the save data to from your SD card for the game in question (copy the data that's inside the dumped savegame's folder, not the actual folder itself).
(05-04-2011, 08:25 AM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2011, 11:42 PM)Bryan Wrote: [ -> ]I got black screen but its still running the fps is still 60-66 should i wait for it? i already install the ios58 and enable real xfb
wat

You're supposed to run that on your Wii, not in Dolphin! You use that to dump your saves to an SD card and vise-versa.

To get a save into dolphin, right-click a game in the game list, and click "Open Wii save folder". This is where you copy the save data to from your SD card for the game in question (copy the data that's inside the dumped savegame's folder, not the actual folder itself).
oh ok, sorry i dont have a wii,my father said he's gonna buy one but instead of buying wii he just buy the game instead i told him how am i gonna play this game if i dont have the wii Huh, thats why i dont have the wii i only got the game,sorry

Wait wait... if you don't have a Wii, then why do you need to transfer a save either from or to a Wii in the first place?

dot dot dot...
(05-04-2011, 03:32 PM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]Wait wait... if you don't have a Wii, then why do you need to transfer a save either from or to a Wii in the first place?

dot dot dot...
do you need a real wii to get the savegame manager gx working? i just need to save my game to wii system menu, not real wii, from dolphin tools-load wii system menu