Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Save Game Data Corruption
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys & Girls. I picked up the latest unofficial build (svn2745) yesterday &
I overwrote my older build (svn2666 - i think). Anyway i configured the thing as usual but when i booted up my rom (soul calibur II) it gave me message in the screen telling me my savedata is corrupt & i need to format my memory card.Angry I haven't done that yet.

Any ideas? HuhHuhI even tried other roms but all the data's corrupt on my memory card
What do you mean by overwrote? You copied the saves to the new Dolphin (Correct way) or did you do something else?
I mean i extracted the new svn files into my dolphin folder which contained the older svn files. I didn't copy or overwrite my memorycard file.

How am i supposed to change my memcard file for the newer version? Is there a method i need to follow to migrate it?

I even reverted to my older svn in an attempt to recover the savegames, but it told me that the data on the memory was corrupt as well. And the memcard file worked fine in this svn before i updated it with svn2745
If you copied saves, make sure they are in the right place (User/GC/"your region")

Edit: that's bad. You just need to copy "User" folder if you want to have everything saved in new revision.
Okay...i'll try that...Thanks for the heads up. Is there any way to recover my save game data from my memory card file?
probably yes, try to click fix checksum at memcard manager. but before doing so, just make a backup.