Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Freeze and Defrost States
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are freeze and defrost state implemented and if so what keys do I press. I have looked all over and haven't seen anything in Dolphin.
Freeze and defrost? O_O I don't know what is it and I think it's not implemented yet.
(05-24-2009, 07:36 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Freeze and defrost? O_O I don't know what is it and I think it's not implemented yet.

Like in the snes emulators, you hit and F9 for example and it will "Freeze" save the state, basically when you defrost you come back to exactlly where you were, no need to have save at save points in the game its on the fly.

I found this clip where the guy says he presses F1 and F2 to freeze and defrost, but it isn't working for me.

http://revision3.com/hak5/Virtualization...=1415:1772

edit
OK I found how to do it with my mouse, in the emulation drop down, however pressing Shift+F1 doesn't work nor F1 to defrost, I can only do it by selecting it.
It's not Freeze and Defrost, it's called save states Smile
Shift+F1 (and a few other F keys), and F1 loads. The only problem is that the emulator's save/load state coding is kinda faulty. I've gotten a few errors from loading a save state right off the bat in Metroid Prime. Is this a known issue?
It happens randomly, 50/50 that save state would work