Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Which build to use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed builds are uploaded almost hourly. Should I try and use the most recent one every time? Is each SVN an upgrade to the previous?

Or should I just stick with stable 2.0?

thanks!
No, 2.0 is veeery old already. Each svn revision is a modification of the code. Do not change so often, as you can accidentally pick a revision that is an experiment or something like that. Everyone has different opinions about how often you shuold update your version. I'd say for the average user to pick a new one that feels good and stick with it for some time untill you feel you need to update for some reason, like new features or bugfixes Tongue
(02-04-2011, 10:58 AM)Runo Wrote: [ -> ]No, 2.0 is veeery old already. Each svn revision is a modification of the code. Do not change so often, as you can accidentally pick a revision that is an experiment or something like that. Everyone has different opinions about how often you shuold update your version. I'd say for the average user to pick a new one that feels good and stick with it for some time untill you feel you need to update for some reason, like new features or bugfixes Tongue

I switched to r6666 just cuz it looks cool.
I still run 2.0 for a few of my games. It runs faster than the latest revs on some games
Try out 6505. It's a very stable build.
(02-04-2011, 02:34 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Try out 6505. It's a very stable build.

I had some wiimote[i'm using gamepad] problems with NMH2 and tried this build and it fixed problem for now..thx Smile
[Image: img.gif]