Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Galaxy 2 and 3 monitors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

hajalie27

Sorry for not posting in the official Super Mario Galaxy 2 thread, I don't have enough posts and don't want to just post meaningless stuff.

Anyways, with eyefinity I get the same framerates as one 1080p monitor, but when I step on the switch to another world I get 1fps. With the opengl plugin however this does not happen, but I do happen to get less fps. This is probably too rare a setup but does anyone have any solutions for this?, if not are there certain settings I should use for opengl? I have a wii and can dump whatever is necessary.

Specs:
q6600 @ 3.0ghz
amd hd 5970
resolution 5896x1080
4gb ddr 800
Do you AA enabled? Are you playing in fullscreen? Those seem to be the key factors whether or not it'll freeze for me. I can keep AA on, but I must have it in a windowed resolution to get past that. Then I just fullscreen it afterwards.

Not sure if this applies to your multi-monitor setup, but you can give it a try until someone with more input replies. I hope it'll just work windowed across all three screens.

hajalie27

(02-04-2011, 04:14 PM)Clusta Wrote: [ -> ]Do you AA enabled? Are you playing in fullscreen? Those seem to be the key factors whether or not it'll freeze for me. I can keep AA on, but I must have it in a windowed resolution to get past that. Then I just fullscreen it afterwards.

Not sure if this applies to your multi-monitor setup, but you can give it a try until someone with more input replies. I hope it'll just work windowed across all three screens.

Thanks a lot, starting it windowed then changing to fullscreen solved the problem for me! I have no AA enabled but now I need to work on some performance tweaks. On the home planet I get about 30 fps. Some other galaxies I can get like 45-60 while others are 30.
I'm pretty sure you just don't have enough cpu power.I7's do a lot better for games than the q series do than most people say in topics at least for pc games.