Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Keep Getting Various Save States Errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Kainchild

I have version 7045 of Dolphin but since 7035 I have been getting crazy save state errors. Sometimes they won't let my controller or even the keyboard work or they freeze up (but the music will still play) when I load it. These are the settings I have so far and these settings have so far allowed Mega Man 10 to work:

Load Native Mipmaps
EFB Scaled Copy
Scale: Integral (though originally it needed 1x)
Enable CPU Access
Emulate format changes
Copy enable Textures
Accurate Texture Cache Enable Normal
XFB Enable Virtual

Configuration General:
Enable Dual Core
Enable Idle Skipping
Skip GC BIOS
JIT Recompiler
Display:
Render to main window
Enable progressive scan

Kainchild

Also note: The other problem I am having is that when I leave the dolphin alone for too long. It freezes up.
Both problems are caused by the wiimote emulation. The controls don't respond after a while because the Wii has turned on power saving and the emulation inside Dolphin does not know how to reconnect the wiimote. There's not much you can do about it right now.. just gotta live with it.

Kainchild

(02-05-2011, 08:43 AM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]Both problems are caused by the wiimote emulation. The controls don't respond after a while because the Wii has turned on power saving and the emulation inside Dolphin does not know how to reconnect the wiimote. There's not much you can do about it right now.. just gotta live with it.

Power saving for the save state too? There are no long pauses before I save the state to cause that and their are no long pauses in activity before loading the state to cause it. This has something to do with the graphics since the graphic freezes up. Is there something in the configuration that I mention in the op that could be casing it?
No, there is nothing you can do about it. It's happening for everybody. What you might try is to save a few save states in different slots (f1, f2, f3) and when try loading each of them until one works (sometimes they do not load the first time but will on a successive attempt).