Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hi FPS - Low Speed, why ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

novice

Greetings, I have a question because I do not understand why I play at 35-40 FPS, 35-40 VPS but the SPEED goes to 55% - 65%.. it has a fluid motion but the movements are slowly, is fluid but in slow motion!! smooth but slow! whats is going on? why is this? THX
Most games will only run fullspeed at 60 FPS (50FPS for PAL)
most revisions have vps slowdowns when fps slowdowns occur. try rev 5739 with frame limiter and sync to audio disabled, and vsync on.
if you want to trade smoothness for speed, try frameskipping.

novice

then... until i dont get run them to 60 FPS, I cant play at 100% speed?, ok, but dont understand why if the game is fluid.
This is how console games works. That's what frameskipper is for.
(02-01-2011, 07:35 AM)inteGReddy Wrote: [ -> ]most revisions have vps slowdowns when fps slowdowns occur. try rev 5739 with frame limiter and sync to audio disabled, and vsync on.

novice

frameskipper = idle skipping ?
no, go to the Emulation tab on the Dolphin main window, there you will see frameskipper.
frame skipping wont work correctly, with rev 5739 you can still have vps greater than 60 and fps less than 60 at the same time. try it, or use frameskipping and fail.
Pages: 1 2