Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Specs that run Twilight Princess And WindWaker smoothly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi!
I'm planning to buy a desktop/laptop and would like to play TP and WW in it (just those two). What specs would run those games smoothly?

I've already read the minimum requirements for dolphin http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=4 but there seems to be a lot of comments in youtube saying that TP demands higher specs.

(Naturally, I also want to keep the cost of the computer as low as possible.)
laptop no

pc, get a nice phenom x2 x3 x4 or not just regular x2 x3 x4 > 3ghz 955be 965be, or a good i3

gpu, a cheap 8800gt 4850 4870 4830 9800 even a gtx450 5770 talking cheap here
My PC runs Zelda: TP (Wii) perfect:

AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @3.4 GHz
4 GB RAM
GeForce GTX460

You can take a much cheaper CPU because Dolphin only uses 2 cores. Overclocking the CPU to a higher frequency is more worth than having more cores. The GTX460 is already pretty cheap.
My friend runs TP nicely with a 3.2GHZ Phenom II X2 and a 9800GT, 2GB RAM
(01-31-2011, 10:29 PM)Runo Wrote: [ -> ]My friend runs TP nicely with a 3.2GHZ Phenom II X2 and a 9800GT, 2GB RAM

Am I correct in assuming that if a PC is able to run TP smoothly, it'll also run WW just as fine?
From all I've played, WW runs much better than TP. I heard of slowdowns at some parts but I doubt they're as bad as TPs
Depends there are some slowdowns in WW (Mainly in places with that heat haze effect). My Laptop runs TP and WW perfectly 95% of the time (Hyrule field in TP causes a slight slowdown of about 5fps later on in the game and WW experiences slowdowns in places with that Heat Haze effect).
(01-31-2011, 11:25 PM)ugoo Wrote: [ -> ]Depends there are some slowdowns in WW (Mainly in places with that heat haze effect). My Laptop runs TP and WW perfectly 95% of the time (Hyrule field in TP causes a slight slowdown of about 5fps later on in the game and WW experiences slowdowns in places with that Heat Haze effect).

But it's not that serious right? It's not as if dolphin freezes mid-game and you're unable to continue. That wouldn't happen, right?

Nope it's still very playable just a bit annoying sometimes.
(02-01-2011, 01:19 AM)ugoo Wrote: [ -> ]Nope it's still very playable just a bit annoying sometimes.

Okay, thank you! Smile
Pages: 1 2 3