Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: IR Receiver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

dannnyds

Has anyone tried to use their own IR receiver to get the pointer (hand on the home screen) working?

My dell studio xps 1640 has a small ir receiver and im going to get a wii controller to play the other games i got but just curious as to its likelihood to work with an existing receiver.

failing that i guess i can just get a wireless sensor bar for like $30AU
An IR receiver is not a sensor bar.

dannnyds

(01-31-2011, 07:13 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]An IR receiver is not a sensor bar.

oh ok, i thought the wii controller used ir my bad Blush

edit: if i sound stupid, its because i've never owned a wii

edit edit: actually did some research into what exactly a sensor bar does and now i get it. i'll just build one. could someone delete this thread please.
(01-31-2011, 05:45 PM)dannnyds Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone tried to use their own IR receiver to get the pointer (hand on the home screen) working?

My dell studio xps 1640 has a small ir receiver and im going to get a wii controller to play the other games i got but just curious as to its likelihood to work with an existing receiver.

failing that i guess i can just get a wireless sensor bar for like $30AU

The sensor bar DOES work using IR. it's basically just a strip of IR LEDs. There are a bunch of DIYs available on how to modify the cable on a Wii sensor bar to plug into a USB port. The cable is there for power, nothing more. So if you change the cable to a 7.5v power adapter it will work otherwise take out a couple of LEDs so it will only require 5v (USB ports are 5v)
yep, the sensor is on the remote, not on the bar, this is a common mistake Tongue
Whats a topic which is discussed here ????
I can't understand.
It's about a special kind of timetravelling, only interesting for people who want to get rich.

So, just forget it...Rolleyes
WTF? Tongue
(02-01-2011, 02:00 AM)ally.sidder Wrote: [ -> ]Whats a topic which is discussed here ????
I can't understand.

That's right time travel is really not for beginner emulator users.. but if you really want to give it a go, remember to use a 2.5 gigawatt Flux Capacitor otherwise could end up in an age before pc's were connected to the information super highway. Without search engine's you will be forever doomed to not understand what IR LEDs are
Ooh I think I got it Big Grin LOL
Pages: 1 2