Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil Zero Glitch.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That damn hookshot is disappearing from my inventory on the Wii Version. SVN6944. Even lost hookshot in 6970. I used hookshot on train and then before I went and used keycard to the engine train I checked my inventory and it was gone. Did this 3 times and some reason it disappears. Anybody have a save right before the bat chapel. This is when I noticed it didn't show up on any maps and I restarted and tried to figure out where the hookshot went but now I have seen it disappear from my inventory 3 times. Please can someone give me a save right before the Giant Bat boss battle with the hookshot on inventory?

Update: It appears to have been a glitch with Cheats on. I hated having the door scequences so I Enabled "Disabled BS Door Sequences" and "Save without Ink Ribbons". When I saved after having having the hookshot and disabled Cheats it saved on my inventory this time. What a pain in the ass, though. Now I have to go through the research facility(Boring.) If anybody has a save they can give me I would appreciate it.

Update 2: Apparently even after the train wreck you need to leave cheats off. I just unchecked all cheats but the hookshot disappeared after the train wreck cutscene. Pretty stupid but at least I have the hookshot now.

Update 3: Do not enable "No Ribbon needed to save" otherwise hookshot will disappear on certain cutscenes or when reloading a save with cheat enabled. When this happens you will have to go back to a save before hand or start over.
CHEATER!!!

BTW: Thanks for the info, mate.

Ad7

So, i got the same problem, only that i can't go back to previous save, as i don't have one, nor do i want to I play it again... I'm just after the bat boss and need that damn hook shot! I've seen that there are codes that give you something they call "item modifier" but it doesn't work- hangs after i go to inventory. There were also some codes for specific items, only they're for the GC wersion of the game...

So- is there any code for RE archives:zero, pal, that would make the hook shot kind of pop up in inventory or smthg?
I also searched for a savegame, but only find those 100% ones, and i'd need a save from around that bat boss...
HALP!1
Whats the point of playing a game with cheat? Where is a challenge and fun there?
(08-16-2011, 06:39 AM)vlakipn Wrote: [ -> ]Whats the point of playing a game with cheat? Where is a challenge and fun there?

I agree Wink

Ad7

I also agreeTongue
The thing is, i played re2 in its time- 4 times, re3- about 40 times (after which i got a nightmare about being pursued by nemesis, and stopped playing after thatConfused) re:cv ONE time (late, like 2007 or smthg) and had enough because the gameplay-controls combo is just too outdated, and then re4... i dunno how many times, because it was SO AWESOME. Actually, i played it yesterday on my ps2Big Grin And of course no cheating in RE- till now.
Now, just before RE:0, I played REmake (Jill only) on dolphin without cheats, and it was a blast, though i would have liked it better if i didn't have to backtrack SO MANY times just to get a stupid item, then go all the way back. I never played RE1 before, and it was really something. Dolphin did not allow me to burn bodies, so +1 difficulty, +100 horror! It was a great experience.
BUT! In zero, "item management: the game" REALLY started getting on my nerves! 2011 just isn't the time for games like these. Especially if one hadn't played it back in 2003-2004, before re4...

So i just play it for its story, i don't expect thrills (which i completely agree- just aren't there witch cheats on). Nowadays, i don't have time to go back and forth for some stupid item, cos i don't have a place in inventory... I don't enjoy that type of gameplay no more. I just want to play the game myself, and not, say, watch it on youtube. So i get "unlimited ammo" and carry just a shotgun or granade launcher, and carry NO ammo, NO other weapon, so i can take more story items, and don't have to backtrack for them. I still have to backtrack, like, all the time, so...
The game isn't that fun this way, but i don't expect it to be. Playing it without cheats would be more fun, yes. But A LOT more annoying too.
(08-16-2011, 05:28 PM)Ad7 Wrote: [ -> ]I also agreeTongue
The thing is, i played re2 in its time- 4 times, re3- about 40 times (after which i got a nightmare about being pursued by nemesis, and stopped playing after thatConfused) re:cv ONE time (late, like 2007 or smthg) and had enough because the gameplay-controls combo is just too outdated, and then re4... i dunno how many times, because it was SO AWESOME. Actually, i played it yesterday on my ps2Big Grin And of course no cheating in RE- till now.
Now, just before RE:0, I played REmake (Jill only) on dolphin without cheats, and it was a blast, though i would have liked it better if i didn't have to backtrack SO MANY times just to get a stupid item, then go all the way back. I never played RE1 before, and it was really something. Dolphin did not allow me to burn bodies, so +1 difficulty, +100 horror! It was a great experience.
BUT! In zero, "item management: the game" REALLY started getting on my nerves! 2011 just isn't the time for games like these. Especially if one hadn't played it back in 2003-2004, before re4...

So i just play it for its story, i don't expect thrills (which i completely agree- just aren't there witch cheats on). Nowadays, i don't have time to go back and forth for some stupid item, cos i don't have a place in inventory... I don't enjoy that type of gameplay no more. I just want to play the game myself, and not, say, watch it on youtube. So i get "unlimited ammo" and carry just a shotgun or granade launcher, and carry NO ammo, NO other weapon, so i can take more story items, and don't have to backtrack for them. I still have to backtrack, like, all the time, so...
The game isn't that fun this way, but i don't expect it to be. Playing it without cheats would be more fun, yes. But A LOT more annoying too.

I agree again Big Grin and if you use cheats it isn't really the "original" game I know I'm an old-school player Wink

Ad7

ok, nvm- stupid me, earlier i tried a code called "item modifier" that supposedly added any item into inventory (so you can get yourself that hookshot again) but it didn't work.
Thing is- i added it as an "ar code" while it was a "gecko code"...
Here it is, in case someone will ever need it:
http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php?PH...pic=4987.0

So, now when you lose hook shot, just use that "item modifier" code to spawn it right into inventory! Just remember not to be lame like me, and to put it under "gecko" as opposed to "ar codes" Blush
Well, back to ZERO!
there is no fun in game to play with cheats. If you play with cheats you called cheaters and i don't want you to called cheaters.