Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sound issues - Affects both the HLE and LLE plugins.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been testing Dolphin and encountered a few sound issues that exist with both the HLE and LLE plugin. I think it may be an issue with the mixer or audio backends, most likely the mixer though.

Please list audio issues that affect both the HLE plugin and LLE plugin in this thread. Hopefully the developers may be able to look into it later.

Pac-man World 3: Audio, such as when characters speak is in deep voiced slow motion.

All Stars Baseball 2004: Same issue as the above game, however I only went through the intro video and not ingame, the intro video had this issue.

Donkey Kong Country Returns: Annoying buzzing sound in opening/intro video and the video when the final boss is encountered.

Resident Evil 4: BGM seems to stop after playing for a bit, however it will start playing again.

Punch Out!!: HLE- Pretty sure the slowdown on the opponent select screen in career mode is due to the WHOOSHing noise as you enter that screen and move between selectable opponents. Once it slows down it's like it can't get in sync on that screen until you leave it. Causes opponent taunts to go slow-mo and framerate and speed to get extremely choppy until you return to the main menu or enter a match.

Also happens during matches when the referee begins to count and during between round cutscenes. You get the same slow-motion voice problem as described by Xtreme2daMax above. Once it happens it seems like it's hard for everything to sync up again until you restart the emu or return to the main menu.

Overall runs much faster than LLE though for the moment.

LLE- All the same as above except that there is no slow motion voice or desyncs. However it is much slower and very, very crackly. The WHOOSH thing on the select screen still happens.

Oh, and audio throttling helps smooth things out a lot but slow-mo voices and the career opponent select slowdown still happen with both plugins.
1080 Avalanche: On both HLE and LLE Plugins the audio loops 3 or 4 times every second of sound. This used to happen on the entire game, after some rev between 2000 and 3000 this happens only on ingame, intro is fine. I'll try to track down the intro fix to see what was done. I tried diferent audio backends, same. Dont know what could this be.

EDIT: No, now seems that audio backends actually make the difference. Dsound behaves as I described. XAudio2 breaks the sound in this game, leaving some little crack noises, and OpenAL apparently fixes the loop, but the audio is so crcked I cant be sure Tongue
(01-31-2011, 01:12 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Resident Evil 4: BGM seems to stop after playing for a bit, however it will start playing again.

I've never had it restart on its own, I've always had to leave the area (ie. door with green text) and come back for it to start playing again.
It'll start playing again when you encounter another swarm of enemies, at least the music that plays when you encounter enemies. Other music will do as you mentioned, but I could of sworn that the bgm started playing again after a bit of running around.
Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles,LLE has the same problem of HLE,but it works perfect on old revs.
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition: BGM seems to stop after playing for a bit, however it will start playing again.
I think Resident Evil 4 GameCube:BGM seems to stop after playing for a bit,and it not start playing again.
I'm trying to track down the 1080 Avalanche sound issue I posted above, wich is kinda hard while I cant compile for myself, I just made a Windows fresh install, need to do everything yet.
What I discovered is that there was a similar sound loop bug in this game on rev3319, wich is fixed 10 revisions later, on 3329... On 3329 the sound and music is perfect, when you have Other Audio (throttle) enabled. Looks like it was broke again some point after this. meh.
(02-02-2011, 01:37 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]It'll start playing again when you encounter another swarm of enemies, at least the music that plays when you encounter enemies. Other music will do as you mentioned, but I could of sworn that the bgm started playing again after a bit of running around.

Ah yeah dude, about the first part you're right. Kill all the bad guys, run around the area a little bit, run into another cluster of baddies and yes the music will start up again. And of course if you kill them all before the music CUTS out again, it'll FADE out like it's supposed to. Smile

But I've never had it start back up just by randomly running around. Sad
(02-03-2011, 03:07 AM)hyperspeed Wrote: [ -> ]Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles,LLE has the same problem of HLE,but it works perfect on old revs.
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition: BGM seems to stop after playing for a bit, however it will start playing again.
I think Resident Evil 4 GameCube:BGM seems to stop after playing for a bit,and it not start playing again.

When did it work "perfect" in old revs? The gunshot bug goes back at least until the 3xxx series.

I can confirm all the comments about PunchOut as well.

Which RE4 has the problem? GC, Wii or both?
(02-04-2011, 06:56 AM)Legend80 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2011, 03:07 AM)hyperspeed Wrote: [ -> ]Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles,LLE has the same problem of HLE,but it works perfect on old revs.

When did it work "perfect" in old revs? The gunshot bug goes back at least until the 3xxx series.

I can confirm all the comments about PunchOut as well.

Which RE4 has the problem? GC, Wii or both?
In r4638 sound is perfect on Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles.
here's the link r4638. http://www.emucr.com/2009/12/dolphin-svn-r4638.html

direct link r4638x64 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=INM4VKC5

RE4 GC The music, stop, and not start playing again when You encounter another swarm of enemies,(like Super Mario Galaxy1 and 2 on HLE, the BGM stop and not start playing again)

RE4Wii The music, stop, and start playing again when You encounter another swarm of enemies ,as said Xtreme2damax.
Pages: 1 2