Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Getting the debugger to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Forte

I'm having a bit of trouble getting breakpoints to trigger.
For example, I want to set a bpr on a string in memory.
I saved a memdump with the debugger and a particular string starts at address 0x2b3372 in the aram.raw

First question is, does 0x2b3372 in the dump translate to 0x802b3372 in terms of Wii addresses?

The debugger is in Interpreter mode and I set a bp on 0x802b3372 but even when I'm at a spot I'm 100% sure the string has to be reloaded from that address, nothing happens. What could be the cause?
Yes, the address does translate to 0x802b3372 (all of the memory mirrors are emulated).

The problem is due to the memory breakpoints not working that well in Dolphin. The debugger breaks at the instruction after the breakpoint has occurred.

Maybe enabling memchecks might help (though I've never been able to get it to work properly).

Forte

Thanks for the response.

Quote:The problem is due to the memory breakpoints not working that well in Dolphin. The debugger breaks at the instruction after the breakpoint has occurred.

I actually don't mind that. Anything's fine as long as it's in close proximity to what I'm looking for.

Quote:Maybe enabling memchecks might help (though I've never been able to get it to work properly).

How does one do that?

And I just found that some had a similar problem. I read the same tutorial, but I can't find anything related to "memory checks" in dolphin's debugger.