Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mac OSX Dolphin Controllers Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

solidous

i have dolphin for mac and started playing viewtiful joe and the emulation is great but i wanted to use a controller instead of the keyboard. so does ps3 or 360 controllers work on it? or is there a plugin that will get them to work on the emulator as a gamecube controller for mac? whenever i go the gamecube pad options and select my ps3 controller, once i click a button to configure the controller the emulator crashes and i get a message that says "Dolphin quit unexpectedly"

ironhalo

Yes, I am having the same issues. Both the GCpad and Wiimote panel crash whenever I try to assign any buttons from my PS3 controller. It happens whether I'm using the PS3 controller wirelessly via Bluetooth, or wired via USB.

I am using the latest rev of dolphin (r7197), the latest rev of wxWidgets that I can find (r66814), and OS 10.6.6

Does anyone know why the PS3 controller is crashing Dolphin? I have read posts that say this was addressed in previous builds, and that other people have it working. There is even a Youtube vid of someone using a PS3 controller with Dolphin on a Macbook: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiiG8MuG-xc

Would love to get this working. Thanks in advance.