Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Does this laptop run Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all!
I'm new to this forum. I'm planning to buy a new laptop with these specs:

Intel® Core™ i5-480M Processor (2.66GHz, 4Threads, turbo boost up to 2.93Ghz, 3M cache)
4GB (2 X 2 GB) 2 DIMM DDR3 1333Mhz
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 550v - 1GB
(Dell Inspiron 15R, Info lifted straight from Dell's website)

I'm wondering whether I'll be able to play Zelda (WW & TP) and MarioKart with these specs.

Thanks in advance! Smile

axw820

I've got an XPS15 i7 840qm 1.84GHZ with turbo-boost up to 3.2Ghz. Same RAM, GeForce 335M GPU, so not hugely disimilar. Windwaker works perfectly, as does GC version of Twighlight Princess (haven't tried Wii). MarioKart Double Dash is also also perfect, and Mario Kart Wii is 100% playable, but FPS dips to 50-55 on some tracks when doing 150cc. I'm new to Dolphin as well, so it may be possible to perfect it. So yeah, it should run fine for everything except Mario Kart Wii.

Good luck Smile
(01-28-2011, 11:28 PM)axw820 Wrote: [ -> ]I've got an XPS15 i7 840qm 1.84GHZ with turbo-boost up to 3.2Ghz. Same RAM, GeForce 335M GPU, so not hugely disimilar. Windwaker works perfectly, as does GC version of Twighlight Princess (haven't tried Wii). MarioKart Double Dash is also also perfect, and Mario Kart Wii is 100% playable, but FPS dips to 50-55 on some tracks when doing 150cc. I'm new to Dolphin as well, so it may be possible to perfect it. So yeah, it should run fine for everything except Mario Kart Wii.

Good luck Smile

Thank you very much! Smile

i would be concerned about the: ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 550v - 1GB