Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I can't get the emu to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

pokeman89

I don't know what I am doing wrong. When I try to start a game, it gives me an error message stating the following:

Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info

Then it says:

The instruction at "0x7c9114a0" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written".
Click on OK to terminate the program

wtf am I doing wrong here?

also is it possible to use this emulator with the keypoard as the gamecube controller, because when I try to set keys using nJoy v0.4 it doesn't work. I have no clue what dolphin even pad is but it gives me another error message when I click on that one and try to configure it, saying:

Can't open Plugins/PLugin_padSimpleEvnt.dll, it has a missing function

and then I get the microsoft note of death stating the program must be closed

BY the way: Do you think either of these computers will run dolphin at least decently?

Comp #1:

Gateway Unk Model
Intel Celeron @ 2.40GHz
1.00 GB RAM
GeForce 4 Mx 440 with AGP 8X OR Intel Integrated Graphics

Comp #2

Dell Dimension 4600
Intel Pentuim 4 @ 2.40 GHz
1.00GB RAM
GeForce FX 5200

Comp #3

iBuyPower Unk Model
AMD Athlon Unknown single core processor @ 2.25 GHz
768MB RAM
ATi Radeon 9600 Pro
(03-27-2009, 12:49 PM)pokeman89 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what I am doing wrong. When I try to start a game, it gives me an error message stating the following:

Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info

Then it says:

The instruction at "0x7c9114a0" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written".
Click on OK to terminate the program

wtf am I doing wrong here?
Update your video card drivers and in general make sure everything is up to date.
Also post your video card model here.

(03-27-2009, 12:49 PM)pokeman89 Wrote: [ -> ]also is it possible to use this emulator with the keypoard as the gamecube controller, because when I try to set keys using nJoy v0.4 it doesn't work.
Use the x360/KB plugin (it's the default)
If it's not showing up, you probably need to update your dx9...search the forums or google...sooooo many people have asked this.
(03-27-2009, 12:49 PM)pokeman89 Wrote: [ -> ]Can't open Plugins/PLugin_padSimpleEvnt.dll, it has a missing function
PadSimpleEvent should not be distributed with dolphin...it hasn't been worked on for a while. I think Daco accidentally included it Sad

pokeman89

Thank you for the speedy reply:

I had updated my post while you posted your response, please refer to the first post for video card models. Right now I am on Comp #1, the other two are occupied by others right now

According to dxdiag, I have DirectX9.0c, my most recent video drivers are from 2007 when nvidia stopped supporting it, and the default everything is a blank.
Your graphic cards are old and/or isn't good enough.

pokeman89

(03-27-2009, 01:05 PM)omegadox Wrote: [ -> ]Your graphic cards are old and/or isn't good enough.

Even the radeon 9600 PRO? That can run almost everything I throw at it perfectly, I just haven't had the time to test it yet, that one is in storage for now. It's not like I'm trying to play wii games, I am trying to play SSBM. I know my computer doesn't stand a chance at emulating a wii.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon_R300
I think it might support dolphin, I'm forgetting at the moment if we require OGL 2.0 or 2.1...

Anyways, can't you just use DirectX9 video plugin?
He could but the OpenGL Plugin is much better.

pokeman89

(03-27-2009, 02:06 PM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon_R300
I think it might support dolphin, I'm forgetting at the moment if we require OGL 2.0 or 2.1...

Anyways, can't you just use DirectX9 video plugin?

I could if I knew how, the only option on the config menu is opengl or blank. My radeon 9600 is a midrange r300 series gpu, so I guess I should use that one.

And if ogl 2.1 is the requirement, then the minimum gpu you can use is an r600 series ati or geforce 8 series, which would mean a radeon HD2350 or better, or a GeForce 8300 GS or better.
ati radeon 9600 is barely working.
(03-28-2009, 02:31 AM)pokeman89 Wrote: [ -> ]And if ogl 2.1 is the requirement, then the minimum gpu you can use is an r600 series ati or geforce 8 series, which would mean a radeon HD2350 or better, or a GeForce 8300 GS or better.

it must be 2.0 then Tongue
Pages: 1 2